Recovering from a major injury, accident or illness can be scary and frustrating. The team at Rush Rehabilitation is here to help.
If you need intensive inpatient rehabilitation before leaving the Medical Center, we are your next step. We are committed to helping you achieve the best possible recovery and make a seamless transition back into the community.
Conveniently located in Rush’s Johnston R. Bowman Health Center, Rush Rehabilitation features the following specialists:
- Dedicated physiatrists (physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists), who lead the team in coordinating your care
- Psychologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists
- Rehabilitation-credentialed nurses to support your medical needs and provide clinical care 24 hours a day
- Chaplains and registered dietitians, who provide a holistic approach to rehabilitation
- Social workers to help coordinate your re-entry into the community
Team members will partner with you and your loved ones to create a personalized, goal-oriented treatment plan that enables you to reach your personal rehabilitation goals. We also work closely with the doctors who took care of you in the hospital to coordinate and address all aspects of care throughout your recovery.
Rush Rehabilitation is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and is the first program in Chicago to be designated a Stroke Specialty Program by CARF. The program has also earned a Gold Plus Achievement award from the American Stroke Association for outstanding stroke care.