As one of Chicago’s longest-running fertility programs, we offer compassionate care and the confidence that we'll do everything possible for you to conceive.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Gynecology
U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center No. 13 in the country for gynecologic care.
The Rush Approach to Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology Services
Struggling to grow your family can be overwhelming, especially as you navigate the many medical decisions required with infertility treatment. At Rush, we partner with you, offering compassionate and expert care to support your path to parenthood.
As one of Chicago’s longest-running fertility programs, our Rush Center for Advanced Reproductive Care specializes in treating complex cases. We get to know you and your lifestyle and develop a treatment plan that's specific to your goals.
Rush Excellence in Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology
- Experienced care, specializing in the complex: Rush University Medical Center founded the Rush Center for Advanced Reproductive Care in 1983, just two years after the U.S. approved IVF as a fertility treatment. We are one of Chicago’s longest-running fertility programs, specializing in complex cases, including women who have not had success with past IVF treatments.
- Expert in-house laboratory: Rush University Medical Center houses both an assisted reproductive laboratory and a full-service clinical andrology laboratory within our Rush Center for Advanced Reproductive Care. They offer comprehensive diagnostic and genetic testing, therapeutic processing of semen samples and sperm, embryo and oocyte storage.
- Supporting your fertility goals: We recognize that every patient comes to us with different needs, ranging from the desire to have a baby now to fertility preservation. If you are one of the many individuals who would like to postpone pregnancy due to health or relationship circumstances, we can recommend the fertility preservation option that is right for you. Preserving your fertility, which includes saving or protecting sperm, eggs or embryos, allows you to to delay pregnancy due to upcoming surgeries, cancer treatments or other lifestyle decisions.
- Research-based care: As an academic medical institution, our fertility specialists and lab staff are also research experts, regularly contributing to new studies to advance reproductive medicine. Since our team often leads research efforts, you may have early access to new fertility techniques and technologies to help grow your family.
- Member of SART: Rush University Medical Center is a member of the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART), the leading organization for infertility professionals. SART clinics commit to the highest standards of patient care and report clinic outcomes so patients can make informed decisions when choosing their providers.
- Innovative approaches for higher success: Rush fertility specialists offer innovative approaches to both IVF and IUI (artificial insemination), with often higher success rates for women who have not become pregnant with past IVF treatments. For example, we offer assisted hatching, a procedure that could help the embryo better implant into the uterine wall and lead to pregnancy.
- Experts in endometriosis care: A common cause of infertility is endometriosis, when tissue that typically lines your uterus, grows outside of it. Sometimes endometriosis treatments may require additional specialists and surgery to provide relief. Rush University Medical Center’s Program for Abdominal and Pelvic Health treats even the most complex endometriosis cases, offering a coordinator to help navigate the different aspects of your care.
- Treating male infertility with expertise: Our OB-GYNs and reproductive endocrinologists partner with Rush urologists to treat the most challenging cases of male infertility.
- Genetic counseling to assess risk: Through Rush University Medical Center’s genetic disorders program, genetic specialists assess your risk of passing on certain genes to your baby. Our genetic counselors help you navigate both the tests and results, working closely with your fertility specialists to improve your chances of having a healthy baby.
- Affirming care helps all families grow: In partnership with the Rush Center for Gender, Sexuality & Reproductive Health, we are committed to helping LGBTQ+ individuals and couples grow their families through specialized fertility care. You will benefit from a team supportive of your goals, in an inclusive environment for all patients.