Compassionate care for both the physical and emotional challenges of urinary, reproductive and sexual conditions — making your quality of life our top priority.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Urology Services
U.S. News and World Report consistently rates Rush University Medical Center among the best in the country for urology services.
The Rush Approach to Urology
We understand that urologic conditions can have affect all aspects of your life — physically and emotionally. Our expert urology team gets to the root of your problem, while also focusing on how it has been affecting your day-to-day life.
From there, we tailor your care plan to address your health needs, working to preserve your urinary and sexual function. Your plan may include immunotherapies, minimally invasive procedures and robotic surgery — all of which lower your risk for long-term problems with bladder control (incontinence) and sexual function (erectile dysfunction).
Excellence in Urology Services
- Comprehensive urologic care: Every urological condition affects everyone differently. That's why every member of our team specializes in specific conditions — ensuring that you are seeing a urologist specifically trained in your condition. We offer specialized care for the full range of urological conditions, including genitourinary cancers (e.g., prostate cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer), urinary tract infections, urinary tract stones (e.g., kidney stones), congenital urological conditions, erectile dysfunction and female urological and pelvic conditions.
- Minimally invasive surgical expertise: Minimally invasive surgeries for urological problems typically allow you to have a shorter hospital stay, less pain and a faster recovery compared to traditional open surgeries. That's why the majority of surgeries our team performs at all of our Rush system hospitals are minimally invasive — including robotic cystectomy and urinary diversion for bladder cancer.
- Clinical trials and research: When you get care from Rush — one of the top-ranked academic medical health systems in the country — you may also have access to clinical trials that are looking into new treatments for urological disorders.
- Convenient urology care locations: All three Rush system hospitals in Chicago, Oak Park and Aurora offer the most advanced surgical options, including minimally invasive and robotic surgeries. You can also see our urologists at locations throughout Chicago and the suburbs — making it easy and convenient for you to get the advanced care you need as close to home or work as possible.
- Comprehensive cancer care: If you have a urologic cancer, including prostate cancer, kidney cancer, bladder cancer or testicular cancer, you will have a multidisciplinary care team — including urologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgical oncologists — who work with you and each other to develop a personalized treatment plan. Our urologic cancer team is at the leading edge of cancer care, specializing in immunotherapies and minimally invasive surgical treatments such as robotic cystectomy and urinary diversion for bladder cancer.