RUSH Approach to Interventional Pulmonology
Interventional pulmonologists at the RUSH Lung Center use state-of-the-art technology to identify the cause of your airway issues and provide the care you need to help you breathe more comfortably.
Our interventional pulmonologists use innovative, minimally invasive procedures to diagnose and manage a wide range of lung and thoracic diseases. They also work closely with other specialists — including thoracic surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, critical care physicians and respiratory therapists — to create a tailored treatment plan that is right for you.
RUSH's techniques and approach to interventional pulmonology provide faster recovery, less pain and a quicker return to daily activities.
RUSH Excellence in Interventional Pulmonology
- Access to innovative technology: At RUSH, we’re proud to provide the latest treatments. We offer access to advanced therapies to help treat or manage your lung or thoracic disease most effectively.
- Collaborative approach: Our interventional pulmonologists work closely with the RUSH Lung Center and throughout the RUSH System to provide comprehensive care. In addition, they take part in a thoracic tumor board that meets regularly to review complex cases and determine the most effective treatment plan.
- Second opinion services: A second opinion can help you make more informed decisions about your health. Our team of experts will consult with you and provide a personalized approach to treat your lung or thoracic disease.
- Lung Cancer Screening Program: The lung cancer screening program at RUSH offers the most advanced screening test — specifically a low-dose CT scan of your chest — which detects lung cancer in its earliest stages when it is most curable. Find out if lung screening is right for you.
- Diagnosing lung care faster, more accurate: Experts at RUSH use a robotic-assisted bronchoscopy system called Ion to diagnose lung cancer faster and more accurately. This minimally invasive lung biopsy reaches more parts of the lung than a standard biopsy, so you get treated sooner.
- Lung Nodule Program: If your lung cancer screening detects lung nodules, which can be cancerous or noncancerous, our team will work with you to determine next steps and a treatment plan. In addition, for nodules detected through screening or incidental to other findings, we are here to help you through your treatment.