Rush brain tumor specialists in pediatric neuro-oncology, adult neuro-oncology and neuro-oncologic neurosurgery provide the highest level of care for you — focusing on your survival and quality of life.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Neurology and Neurosurgery and Cancer Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked RUSH University Medical Center No. 4 in the country — and the best in Illinois — for neurology and neurosurgery, and among the best in the nation for cancer care.
The Rush Approach to Brain Tumor Care
Finding out you have a brain tumor can be overwhelming. But having a team of experts in your corner can help you determine your next steps.
Research suggests you have better survival outcomes when you receive brain tumor treatment from multiple specialists working together. At Rush, we bring together specialists in pediatric neuro-oncology, radiation oncology, adult medical neuro-oncology and neuro-oncologic neurosurgery to ensure that you have the highest level of care possible. They will work with you and the team to create a personalized brain tumor treatment plan that helps you back to your day-to-day functioning.
We also offer expert care — and hope — to those who have metastatic brain cancer (also known as brain mets).
Rush Excellence in Brain Tumor Care
- A multidisciplinary team of experts: At Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, your brain tumor treatment team may include a neuro-oncologist or pediatric neuro-oncologist, neuro-oncologic neurosurgeon, radiation oncologist and a nurse coordinator. Research shows that when you get care from a multidisciplinary team, your outcomes and quality of life are often better.
- Neurosurgery expertise: If you need brain tumor surgery, you're in the best hands. Rush's neurosurgeons are leaders in the field and specialize in minimally invasive techniques and leading-edge procedures to treat brain tumors.
- Dedicated care for young adults with brain tumors: Rush's brain tumor team specializes in treating young adults who have been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Our pediatric neuro-oncologist and neurosurgeons collaborate to provide personalized care for young adults — with a focus on quality of life.
- Care and support at every level: A brain tumor can cause plenty of physical and emotional stress for you and your whole family. We will partner with you and your loved ones to address all aspects of your journey. Our cancer supportive care offers a number of resources to help you and your family cope, including psychosocial oncology, nutrition counseling, spiritual support and more. And Waterford Place Cancer Resource Center in Aurora offers a wide range of services free of charge to anyone who has been affected by cancer.
- Nationally ranked experts focused on you: U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center among the best in the nation for neurology and neurosurgery and cancer care. Our multidisciplinary brain tumor care team will create a care plan tailored to your unique needs.
- Top experience that matters: Our highly skilled experts from more than 10 medical subspecialties provide team-based, personalized care for a full range of skull base brain tumors at the Rush Center for Pituitary and Skull Base Surgery. They are among a handful of programs that have in-depth experience with these rare tumors. In fact, only about 5% of U.S. hospitals evaluate and treat as many patients with pituitary and skull base tumors as we do here at Rush. Because of our expertise, we are able to handle even the most complex cases.
- Specialized clinic for metastatic brain cancer: Our multidisciplinary team of neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists and a nurse navigator work together and with you to determine the best course of treatment for metastatic brain tumors. You will be seen by the entire team within a few days of your call.
- Leading-edge treatments and research: At Rush, you will have access to advanced brain tumor treatments you might not find elsewhere as part of new clinical trial testing. For example, researchers are studying whether an experimental vaccine can help patients’ immune systems stop the spread of glioblastoma — an aggressive form of a cancerous brain tumor with very few current treatment options..
- Expert second opinions: If you're looking to confirm your brain tumor diagnosis and fully explore all your potential treatment options, we offer second opinion services for brain tumors.