The Rush Approach to Lymphoma Care
In the past several years, lymphoma care for Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma has become more effective with fewer side effects. And at Rush, you will receive the most advanced treatments possible — keeping you and your quality of life at the center of your treatment plan.
Thanks to advanced treatment options, we're able to treat many low-grade lymphomas as chronic diseases, with few lymphoma treatment side effects. We may also recommend genetic profiling and molecular testing, which will help us determine the most effective treatments for you based on your DNA.
We also offer targeted therapies and immunotherapies, which may have fewer side effects than conventional chemotherapy. Rush also provides CAR-T cell therapy and bone marrow and stem cell transplant for more aggressive lymphomas.
Rush Excellence in Lymphoma Care
- Expert second opinions: If you’re looking to confirm your lymphoma diagnosis and fully explore all potential treatment options, Rush lymphoma specialists can help. We offer both in-person and virtual second opinions for cancer.
- Multidisciplinary care: Most of our lymphoma patients receive care through The Coleman Foundation Comprehensive Lymphoma Clinic. In the clinic, your care team — which may include hematologists, bone marrow transplant physicians, radiologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists, advanced practice providers and others — brings their collective expertise together to develop an individualized treatment plan for you.
- Clinical trials: As one of the nation's leading academic health systems, Rush offers clinical trials that are looking at new ways to treat lymphoma. You may have access to one of these novel treatments throughout your care at Rush.
- Supportive care: At Rush, we focus on treating your cancer while supporting your social and emotional needs. The Rush University Cancer Center's supportive oncology program offers integrative therapies like acupuncture and massage that complement traditional cancer treatments, as well as psychosocial counseling, nutritional counseling, financial counseling and transportation assistance.
- Waterford Place in Aurora: Waterford Place at Rush Copley Medical Center offers you and your loved ones support before, during and after a cancer diagnosis, with all services free of charge or available to anyone diagnosed with cancer. Waterford Place offers education, support groups, stress reduction programs, nutritional counseling, yoga and a salon and spa that provides massages and facials, as well as the largest wig boutique in the Aurora/Fox Valley area.