Providing safe, effective and fast relief for those suffering from sinus and nasal issues.
Among the Best in the U.S. for ENT Services.
U.S. News & World Report ranked RUSH University Medical Center’s otorhinolaryngology, head and neck surgery program best in Illinois and among the best in the nation.
The Rush Approach to Sinus Surgery
Whether chronic or acute, sinus issues can severely affect your quality of life. Whatever the cause of your sinus concerns, you can trust the nationally respected Rush sinus experts to help you feel — and function — better.
If you are having problems with nasal and paranasal sinuses — the area immediately surrounding your nasal cavity — we offer comprehensive medical and surgical treatments for problems such as acute and chronic sinusitis for children and adults, to nasal polyps, to sinus cancer.
We welcome those seeking a second opinion — after an initial diagnosis, or if your symptoms haven't improved after prior treatment. We provide you with a second opinion, within one to three business days, about whether you should have sinus surgery.
Rush Excellence in Sinus Surgery
- One-stop shop: Because sinus problems are often related to other conditions, our physicians partner with specialists in allergy and immunology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, infectious diseases and rheumatology, as needed, to provide integrated care for all your needs.
- Convenience for your busy schedule: Most sinus surgeries at Rush are performed minimally invasively, and you will typically go home the same day. We also offer evening and same-day visits, and we see patients at multiple locations in Chicago and the suburbs, including Aurora/Fox Valley.
- Leading-edge treatments: From topical therapies to stents and balloon procedures, you'll have access to a range of innovative options, including clinical trials. Rush is the only health system in the region offering ClariFix cryotherapy, a minimally invasive, in-office treatment for adults with chronic rhinitis. This safe, clinically proven approach uses cryotherapy (or cold therapy) to treat the source of symptoms and offer lasting relief. Additionally, we are also one of the few programs worldwide to offer sinus tissue endotyping, which allows us to personalize your treatment.
- Second opinions, when you need it: If you are looking for a second opinion, we can help — after an initial diagnosis, or if your symptoms haven't improved after prior treatment. We will provide you with a second opinion, within one to three business days, about whether you should have sinus surgery.
- When it's more than just your sinuses: If you are suffering from a combination of symptoms, including persistent sinus pain and pressure, breathing problems, sleep disturbances and/or coughing, you may benefit from the one-stop approach at the Rush Sinus, Allergy and Asthma Center at Rush University Medical Center. Here, all the necessary experts work together to bring you relief. Call (312) 563-ARWY (2799) with questions or to schedule an appointment.