Rush offers a full spectrum of women’s care personalized to your health needs and wellness goals. We'll be your partner for a lifetime of expert health care.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Gynecologic Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center No. 13 in the country for gynecologic care.
The Rush Approach to Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN)
We start by listening — getting to know you, your lifestyle and your concerns — before offering compassionate care for often deeply personal issues.
From well-woman checkups and pregnancy care to menopause support, we partner with you to encourage your wellness throughout your life. If you are facing more complex conditions, such as pelvic floor disorders, we work with you to address the issue and improve your quality of life.
Our Areas of Care
Preventive and specialized care for women, including annual exams, contraception and menopause management.
Prenatal care and labor and delivery services to encourage a safe pregnancy.
Supporting reproductive goals with safe and confidential services, including birth control.
Diagnosis and treatment for cervical cancer, ovarian cancer and other cancers that affect women’s reproductive systems.
A team approach to pelvic floor disorders and complex pelvic health conditions in women and men.
Care for pelvic floor disorders, like incontinence.
Compassionate and expert care to support your path to parenthood.
Management of menopause symptoms at all stages.
Expert women’s health care, supporting personal wellness goals and choice during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond.
Rush Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Care convenient for you: With offices across Chicago, the western suburbs and Aurora/Fox Valley, our experts are near where you live. You can schedule care when it’s convenient for you thanks to our flexible scheduling and large team of providers. And should your health care needs shift from routine to complex, Rush has one of the largest networks of OB-GYN subspecialists in the state.
- Backed by innovation and research: Our Rush hospitals include a leading academic medical center and one of the country’s top teaching hospitals. This dedication to learning, innovation and research reflects our commitment to always provide you the best in care. Specific to our OB-GYN team, we regularly participate in clinical research and trials that could give you earlier access to new treatments. And, working as a team, we share what we learn across our system of hospitals to benefit all Rush patients.
- Personalized treatment options: At Rush, we tailor our treatment to you, your lifestyle and your health goals. From recommending behavior changes to managing medications, there are many nonsurgical ways to offer you relief. If surgery is your best treatment, our team specializes in state-of-the-art, robotic surgeries. These minimally invasive surgeries are often less painful and help you recover more quickly.
- Welcoming care for all: At Rush, you can expect a team of OB-GYN providers who respect who you are and your lifestyle. From caring for your health needs to helping you grow your family, you’ll benefit from our inclusive environment that is supportive of your goals. If you need extra support, our team partners with other Rush specialists to provide the mental health care needed for emotional challenges that may occur during your care. The Human Rights Campaign recognized our commitment to care for all, naming all three Rush hospitals as a “Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.”
- Recognized for excellence in maternity care: Rush Copley Medical Center was named to Newsweek’s 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals. The distinction recognizes facilities that have excelled in providing care to mothers, newborns and their families, as verified by the 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Survey. Best Maternity Care Hospitals is part of Newsweek’s Best Health Care series, powered by data from The Leapfrog Group. Learn more