At Rush, you can receive infusions of the medication you need to manage your inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's and ulcerative colitis) in a comfortable environment.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Gastroenterology and GI Surgery
U.S. News & World Report ranked RUSH University Medical Center among the best in the nation for gastroenterology and GI surgery.
The Rush Approach to IBD Infusion Services
We know it can be difficult to find time for your IBD treatment during your busy schedule. But we also know how important these treatments are for your overall health and quality of life. That's why our specially trained infusion nurses aim to make it as easy and comfortable as possible for you — by providing outpatient infusion services in a safe, relaxing environment.
At Rush, we offer you the latest biologics for inflammatory bowel disease, including Remicade, Entyvio, Inflectra and Stelara. These medications have been shown to help maintain remission of your IBD and treat fistulas that may occur.
Rush Excellence in Infusion Services
- Treatments to help you stay in remission: Infusions of biologics can help you keep your IBD under control so you can avoid hospitalizations and maintain your regular routine with fewer symptoms.
- Comfort, safety and convenient access to your doctor: We offer infusion services in semi-private bays with comfortable recliners, Wi-Fi and televisions. At every visit, you will be cared for by a specially trained nurse with your regular physician often available on-site, if needed.
- Research on ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease: Because our specialists are active in research, you may have early access to promising new biologics and other treatments to ease your symptoms.
- A benefits liaison to work with your insurance company: Our staff can help you get the prior authorizations you need for treatment and connect you to the Rush specialty pharmacy if your health plan requires this additional step.
- Help accessing financial assistance: Biologics to treat your IBD can be expensive. If you qualify, we can put you in touch with the manufacturer to help you get financial assistance so you don't have to pay as much out-of-pocket for your treatment.