No matter your cardiac condition, Rush heart surgeons use the latest innovations and research to deliver state-of-the-art, personalized treatment.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Heart Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center among the best in the nation for heart care. Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital were also recognized as high-performing hospitals in heart failure.
The Rush Approach to Heart Surgery
Whether you're managing coronary heart disease, heart failure or arrhythmia or recovering from a heart attack, we offer comprehensive, multispecialty care and surgery options for adults with all kinds of cardiovascular disease.
We specialize in providing accurate diagnosis and the following personalized cardiovascular disease treatments:
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Minimally invasive bypass surgery
- Minimally invasive valve replacement and repair, including TAVR and MitraClip
- Preventive cardiology services
- Procedures to treat heart rhythm disorders
- Ventricular assist device (VAD) implantation
When possible, our heart surgeons use the latest nonsurgical methods, which involve a tiny incision in the groin, arm or neck. This means safer procedures and faster recoveries.
Rush Excellence in Heart Surgery
- Access to the latest clinical trials: You have early access to many of the latest innovations, from minimally invasive procedures to stem cell therapy and new medications, through our ongoing commitment to advancing cardiovascular care through research.
- Nationally ranked for cardiac bypass surgery: The Society of Thoracic Surgeons has designated thoracic surgery at Rush a three-star program — the society’s highest rating — for coronary bypass graft surgery.
- Cardiac rehabilitation: Rush also offers an outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program at Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Copley Medical Center. This program helps people with cardiovascular disease lead healthier, more active lives, and helps those who have recently undergone a heart procedure return to their everyday routines.
- Prevention and screening: Rush Copley Medical Center offers a menu of heart screening options, $99 and under, that can help put your mind at ease. These diagnostic tests are often recommended by cardiologists to get a better perspective on heart health but don't require a prescription or a doctor's referral. Call (630) 692-5150 to schedule an appointment.