From eczema and acne to lymphoma and skin cancer, you'll get the latest treatments for diseases that affect the skin. We also offer cosmetic care, like Botox.
The Rush Approach to Dermatology
Whenever you develop an itchy rash, persistent acne, a new or changing mole, or other worrisome skin issues, you can turn to Rush. We treat all kinds of skin, nail and hair problems, including rare conditions like cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and pemphigoid.
Many of our dermatologists have received additional training and board certification in internal medicine. This means we are better able to diagnose and treat underlying conditions that may be causing or contributing to your symptoms, such as lupus, cancer, allergies or infections.
We also offer the full range of cosmetic skin therapies to address age spots, wrinkles, and other concerns — from Botox and fillers to microneedling to platelet-rich plasma injections. We want to help you feel more confident about the way you look.
Rush Excellence in Dermatology
- Advanced skin cancer care: Our dermatologists work side-by-side other clinical experts at the nationally renowned Rush University Cancer Center to diagnose, treat and prevent all types of skin cancer, including melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas. We provide the latest and most advanced treatments, including immunotherapy and Moh's surgery, which has the highest cure rate of any skin cancer procedure. You will also have the opportunity to participate in skin cancer clinical trials of new, promising treatments.
- A team-based approach: We also collaborate closely with rheumatologists, infectious disease physicians, and other specialists at Rush to ensure we effectively treat the underlying cause of your skin, hair or nail problem. For instance, many patients with lupus, sarcoidosis, and other rheumatic diseases develop rashes and other skin issues. By working together on a treatment plan, our dermatologists and rheumatologists can better ensure that you find long-term relief.
- World-class cosmetic care: Our highly experienced physicians at Rush Cosmetic Services can help boost your confidence and help you feel better in your own skin. They offer a wide range of cosmetic treatments and techniques for your skin and hair, from chemical peels and scar treatments and to plastic surgery, such as facelifts and rhinoplasty (nose job).
- Personalized treatment plans: You are not like anyone else, and our physicians take the time to understand your specific symptoms and preferences. Then we develop a treatment plan that identifies how to best achieve your goals and desires.
- Convenience and personal touch: Our dermatologists see patients at a variety of locations, including Rush’s Chicago campus, Oak Brook, Oak Park and Naperville. Even if you have procedures performed in Chicago, you can schedule follow-up appointments in the suburbs for your convenience. We can also conduct follow-up visits via telehealth if you prefer.