A pancreas transplant replaces a pancreas that no longer functions properly — nearly all such transplants are done to treat someone whose diabetes is out of control, even with medical treatment.
Who Would Benefit From a Pancreas Transplant?
If you have been diagnosed with uncontrollable diabetes, your doctor will refer you for a pancreas transplant evaluation. A pancreas transplant is the treatment of choice for many people because it offers you a better quality of life.
Why Choose Rush for a Pancreas Transplant?
Rush is recognized nationally for its excellence in patient outcomes for pancreas transplants. We bring a team of experts in diabetes and transplant surgery to streamline your evaluation. We prepare you for surgery and offer you lifelong post-transplant support and monitoring.
At Rush, you will be able to make an appointment for an evaluation within two weeks of your call to Rush. If you qualify for a pancreas transplant, we will put you on the active waiting list within 30 days. We are available 24 hours a day to respond to offers of organs for you.
Rush Excellence in Pancreas Transplant Care
- Nationally recognized treatment: Rush's diabetes education program has been recognized for excellence by the American Diabetes Association.
- Fast track to transplant: When you qualify for a pancreas transplant, you will be put on the active waiting list within 30 days. We are available 24 hours a day to respond to offers of organs for you.
- Follow-up care where — and when — you need it: After a pancreas transplant, it's important to manage your diet and lifestyle to keep your pancreas healthy. We offer care at a number of convenient locations in Chicago and Oak Brook
- Second opinion services: Rush offers second opinion services to help you explore all possible treatment options, including pancreas transplant, for advanced diabetes.
- A support team to carry you through: We offer support groups to help you learn more about managing diabetes and connect with others to share advice and support.