There are many differences between men and women — heart disease is no exception. Our women's heart disease experts personalize treatment for you.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Heart Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center among the best in the nation in cardiology and heart surgery.
The Rush Approach to Women’s Heart Care
Women experience heart and vascular disease much differently from men, with unique risk factors and symptoms such as fatigue, nausea and shortness of breath. But many people don't know about these differences.
Women's heart care specialists at Rush are changing the narrative. Their goal is to reduce your risk factors and design personalized programs to fit your unique needs and health history. Whether your case is simple or complex, our women's heart specialists will join forces to create a comprehensive heart care experience for you.
Women’s heart care is not just for women with heart disease. We also work with and support countless women at risk. We help young women stay proactive in preventing future health problems, especially those with a family history of heart disease.
Rush Excellence in Women's Heart Care
- All the answers in one place: Rush's Heart Center for Women in Chicago provides comprehensive heart care — that means you can see all the specialists you need under one roof, including cardiologists, nurse practitioners, neurologists, vascular surgeons, dietitians and a genetic counselor. Experts will help you navigate and schedule any follow-up appointments close to home to ensure consistency of care.
- Women's heart care in the western suburbs: Rush Copley Medical Center's Women's Heart Center offers women a comfortable environment for physician consultation, diagnostic testing and ongoing treatment. You will enjoy comfortable waiting areas as you prepare to see your provider, have a test or discuss treatment.
- Preventing cognitive decline: Through the Cardiology Cognitive Clinic, you’ll learn how to manage heart disease and lower risk factors to prevent the cognitive decline that can result from heart disease, atrial fibrillation and stroke. We'll help you maintain optimal brain health and cognitive function as you age through ongoing educational activities and opportunities to participate in studies and NIA-funded clinical trials.
- Treating cancer-related heart problems: Rush offers evaluation, treatment and monitoring for women with heart problems who are about to undergo treatment for cancer, and for women with heart damage caused by past cancer treatments
- Innovative treatments: Aside from offering the latest medications, including many new therapies available only through clinical trials, Rush performs minimally invasive procedures for a variety of heart problems — which means safer, faster and easier recoveries for you.
- Ongoing support: Your support doesn’t stop once you’ve walked out our doors. Through the WomenHeart Support Network at Rush Oak Park Hospital and the Heart Sisters Support Group in Aurora, heart care patients can join groups of other women living with heart disease who share education and support each other.