Finding the right gynecologist is key for your wellness. Rush’s expert gynecology team gets to know you, providing care based on your lifestyle and needs.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Gynecology
U.S. News & World Report ranked RUSH University Medical Center No. 13 in the country and best in Illinois for gynecologic care.
The Rush Approach to Gynecologic Care
Your gynecologist or midwife partners with you for a lifetime of care, supporting your preventive and specialized women's health needs during many stages of life. Our partnership begins by getting to know you and helping you reach your wellness goals with care plans tailored just for you.
Our team focuses on listening well, being responsive to your needs and making recommendations that fit your lifestyle. We take a holistic approach to your care, offering you a full range of treatment options that consider your overall well-being.
And you’ll be able to see our providers when it’s convenient for you — we’re available for routine exams and specialty care at more than 20 offices across Chicago and the suburbs.
Rush Excellence in Gynecologic Care
- Team approach to your care: To ensure you're getting the best health care possible, we bring together our team of women's health experts to care for you. Our gynecologists and subspecialists partner to treat common and complex conditions that affect your quality of life.
- Expertise in pelvic floor disorders: Pelvic floor disorders can cause a number of urinary, bowel and sexual disorders. Rush University Medical Center’s Program for Abdominal and Pelvic Health brings together a multidisciplinary team of experts to address complex pelvic health conditions. Our providers treat many pelvic health problems without surgery. But if surgery is required, we offer the most advanced minimally invasive surgical procedures, such as robotic hysterectomies.
- Menopause management: As you transition into menopause, Rush specialists will work together to help manage and control the symptoms of menopause at all stages. They can create a personalized care plan with treatment options that work best for your health history, symptoms and overall lifestyle.
- Your pregnancy partner: If you are considering becoming pregnant or trying to get pregnant, meeting with a Rush OB-GYN provider or midwife can help you prepare to conceive. We offer preconception counseling, including a health and family history assessment, to address any potential issues before pregnancy. If you become pregnant, your gynecologist will partner with a Rush obstetrician or midwife to continue your care during pregnancy and postpartum. In many cases, your gynecologist or midwife and will continue to be your primary care provider during pregnancy.
- Family planning expertise: Our providers will partner with you to identify the best birth control options for your lifestyle and reproductive goals. Understanding your medical history is critical as certain conditions, including diabetes and epilepsy, can affect birth control choices. After you start birth control, your provider will monitor your physical and emotional health to make sure it is the best method for you.
- Advanced infertility support: If you are struggling to become pregnant or experiencing repeat miscarriages, Rush University Medical Center offers one of the most experienced infertility and reproductive endocrinology programs in Chicago. You can count on our providers to do everything possible to help you have a baby.