Rush physical therapists offer customized, state-of-the-art care to relieve pain and regain function lost due to an injury, surgery or medical condition.
The Rush Approach to Physical Therapy
Rush physical therapists are mobility experts. We offer personalized, state-of-the-art care to help you regain function that you lost due to an injury, medical condition or treatment like surgery or chemotherapy. By relieving pain and other symptoms, physical therapy may also help you to delay or even avoid surgery.
Our highly trained and licensed experts provide in-hospital physical therapy at all of our Rush hospitals. We also offer comprehensive outpatient physical therapy services, addressing everything from orthopedic injuries to lingering concussion symptoms.
At Rush, we don't take a cookie-cutter approach to physical therapy. We look at where you are now and what you hope to accomplish. We then put a detailed plan in place to keep you progressing toward your goals — whether that means getting out of bed on your own, being able to play your favorite sport, or just enjoying a pain-free life.
Rush Excellence in Physical Therapy
- Specialty-trained therapists: Many of our therapists are also specialists with advanced education and training in specific areas. This allows us to provide you with the highest level of specialized care for conditions like brain injury, Parkinson's disease, pelvic floor dysfunction, lymphedema and balance issues.
- State-of-the-art treatments: Our physical therapists constantly strive to improve outcomes by offering new treatments — like Eksoskeleton robotic gait training to aid recovery after a stroke or spinal cord injury; and the Bertec System, an innovative tool that both assesses and helps patients overcome balance issues.
- Experience in orthopedic and spine PT: After working with orthopedic and spine patients for years, our therapists have a keen understanding of how patients routinely progress through their course of treatment for different conditions. So we can quickly recognize any issues and adjust your therapy accordingly or, if necessary, conveniently consult with your doctor right on site.
- Gender-affirming care: Our physical therapists provide safe, compassionate care for patients who have gender affirmation surgery at Rush. We’ll work with you in the hospital to aid your recovery after surgery. And we offer outpatient services tailored to meet your needs, like pelvic floor physical therapy and exercise programs, to ensure you achieve the best possible long-term results.
- Assistive device services: Rush offers assistive devices, including prosthetics and orthotics, at multiple locations. Our experts will make sure you are fitted properly to help you get around safely and prevent pain, sores and other potential complications.