The Rush Approach to Food Sensitivities Care
Our experts understand how frustrating it can be to have your food sensitivities go undetected or be misdiagnosed. That is why we are dedicated to providing a comprehensive picture of your food allergies and sensitivities.
When you come to Rush, you receive the support you need to improve your food-related digestive symptoms from a team that has been treating these issues for decades.
Rush Excellence in Food Sensitivities Care
- A pioneer in understanding food sensitivities: Rush is home to one of the first multidisciplinary clinics for food sensitivities in the country. With several decades of experience in managing food allergies and sensitivities, our doctors can help you understand and control your symptoms using a holistic approach.
- Convenient in-person and virtual appointments: We don't make you wait weeks to see a doctor about your food sensitivities. In most cases, a specialist can see you within one week and sometimes even on the same day. We also offer some evening and weekend appointments to fit your schedule.
- Range of testing available: Our experts use the latest diagnostic tools to help determine the cause of your food sensitivity. This includes blood tests, percutaneous skin testing and patch testing. When needed, we can also use endoscopy or colonoscopy to help you find answers.
- A collaborative approach: When you come to Rush, you get the benefit of having a team of allergists, gastroenterologists and dietitians support you as you make dietary changes that can help improve your quality of life.
- Patient education and support: We know that changing your diet and lifestyle can be overwhelming. We will be with you every step of the way, providing you with the education and resources you need to manage your symptoms and regain control over your overall health and well-being.