Cancer care tailored to you. From day one. Your cancer care team works with you, your family and each other to deliver the advanced care and support you need.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Cancer Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked RUSH University Medical Center among the best in the nation for cancer care.
The RUSH Approach to Cancer
A cancer diagnosis changes everything. We know. And we also know how important timing is. The sooner you start treatment, the better your outcome.
At RUSH, we'll go into action immediately — assembling a team that will be with you and your family every step of the way. And that starts on day one.
Here you'll find the advanced care, compassion and support you need, all from specialized teams dedicated to guiding you through diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
As one of the leading academic health systems in the nation, RUSH offers the most advanced cancer care, including immunotherapies, targeted therapies and minimally invasive surgical options. You’ll also have access to clinical trials that are looking at novel approaches to treating a wide range of cancers.
And we make it easy for you to get the care and support you need with clinics, infusion centers and radiation oncology services locations in Chicago, Oak Park, Oak Brook, Lisle and Aurora/Fox Valley.
Our Areas of Care
Bone Marrow Transplant
Stem cell and bone marrow transplants for advanced hematologic cancers like leukemia and lymphoma.
Brain Tumor Care
Neuro-oncologists, neurosurgeons and others coming together to provide advanced care for brain tumors.
Breast Cancer Care
Advanced care and support for each stage of your breast cancer treatment.
Breast Imaging Services
The most advanced breast cancer screening technologies, including 3D mammogram and automated breast ultrasound (ABUS).
Cancer Genetic Testing and Counseling
Helping you determine your risk for inherited cancers.
Protecting your heart during and after cancer treatments.
Gastrointestinal Cancer Care
Leading-edge care for GI cancers like stomach cancer, colon cancer, liver cancer and esophageal cancer.
Gynecologic Cancer Care
Innovative therapies for ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and other reproductive cancers.
Head and Neck Cancer Care
Personalized care for oral cancer, sinus and skull base tumors, and other head and neck cancers.
Expert care and advanced treatments for leukemia, including immunotherapies, CAR-T therapy and stem cell transplant.
Lung Cancer Care
Compassionate care and advanced treatments, like immunotherapies and minimally invasive surgery for lung cancer.
Treating Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma with advanced treatments like CAR-T, immunotherapy, bone marrow transplant and molecular profiling.
Multiple Myeloma Care
Diagnosis and tailored care plans that address the multiple organ systems affected by multiple myeloma.
Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) Care
A Center of Excellence for MDS and myeloproliferative neoplasms, which are rare blood and bone marrow disorders.
Neuroendocrine Tumor Care
Comprehensive neuroendocrine tumor care, including advanced diagnostics and surgical expertise.
Pancreatic Cancer Care
A Center of Excellence for pancreatic cancer — focused on treating the cancer and preserving quality of life.
Radiation Oncology Care
The most advanced radiation therapies that attack your cancer while sparing healthy tissue.
Bone Cancer (Sarcoma) Care
One of the busiest sarcoma centers in Illinois, where orthopedic oncologists specialize in saving limbs affected by cancer.
Skin Cancer and Melanoma Care
A focus on early detection and minimally invasive treatment for all types of skin cancer, including melanoma.
Spinal Tumor Care
A focus on removing the spine tumor to help relieve your pain and restore your ability to move and get around.
Supportive Cancer Care
Supportive care that complements traditional cancer treatment, including acupuncture, nutritional counseling and psychosocial support.
Thoracic Surgery Services
National leaders in minimally invasive surgery for lung cancer, GERD and other disorders of the lungs, chest wall, esophagus and diaphragm.
Thyroid and Endocrine Cancer Care
Advanced treatment options for thyroid and other endocrine cancers, including minimally invasive thyroidectomy.
Urologic Cancer Care
Advanced care for reproductive cancers like bladder, kidney, prostate and testicular cancer, with a focus on preserving urinary and sexual function.
RUSH Excellence in Cancer Care
- Accredited cancer care: Both RUSH Cancer Center and RUSH Copley Cancer Center are fully accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons. CoC accreditation shows that RUSH is committed to providing patients and their families with quality services to diagnose, treat, rehabilitate and support those dealing with cancer.
- Quality cancer care: The RUSH Cancer Center has been recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI), an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. The QOPI Certification Program certifies oncology practices that meet nationally recognized standards for cancer care. This certification reaffirms our commitment to providing patients with high-quality cancer care.
- Multidisciplinary cancer-specific clinics: At the RUSH Cancer Center, you may receive care through one of the many Coleman Foundation Comprehensive Cancer Clinics. At the clinics, you’ll meet with your whole care team together in a single visit and will leave with a personalized care plan. Your team may include oncologists, surgical oncologists, oncologists, nurse coordinators and other specialists. Similarly, RUSH Copley Cancer Center has weekly tumor conferences that bring together all of the specialists involved in your care to discuss your case and determine the best approach for you.
- Clinical trials: As a leading academic health system, RUSH offers clinical trials for cancer at all three RUSH hospitals. These trials are looking at new and effective ways to treat cancer and allow you access to therapies that are not yet widely available.
- Focus on your mind, body and spirit: We make your quality of life a top priority from your diagnosis and treatment to well into recovery. Our supportive cancer care program provides social and emotional support, nutritional counseling, acupuncture and more. And Waterford Place Cancer Resource Center in Aurora offers a wide range of services free of charge to anyone affected by a cancer diagnosis.
- Comprehensive cancer rehabilitation: RUSH works with ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation to provide you with the care and tools you need to address pain, fatigue and decreased activity levels during and after cancer treatment. Learn more about how cancer rehabilitation can help improve your quality of life.