When your child is facing a diagnosis of diabetes or a hormonal disorder, you need an experienced team of pediatric specialists with access to the latest treatment options.
Children with diabetes and hormonal problems will find compassionate, expert care at Rush. Pediatric endocrinology and metabolism specialists diagnose, treat and manage hormonal conditions, such as the following:
- Thyroid, adrenal and growth disorders
- Puberty disorders
- Endocrine problems caused by cancer or cancer treatments
Our team is dedicated to partnering with you and your child to empower your child to live a healthy lifestyle.
Rush University Children’s Hospital also has a multidisciplinary care team for children who have a diagnosis of diabetes and their families. This team includes a pediatric endocrinologist, a psychologist, a registered pediatric dietician and certified diabetes care and education specialists (CDCES).
Remarkable Care for Kids
- Personalized care for endocrine conditions: Pediatric endocrinologists at Rush University Children’s Hospital will work closely with you and your child to create an individualized care plan that works for your child's needs and lifestyle.
- Nutritional counseling: Diet changes can help a number of endocrine conditions, including diabetes and several thyroid conditions. A pediatric dietitian at Rush University Children’s Hospital can work with you and your child to help make dietary changes that may help improve your child's health and condition.
- Care close to home: Pediatric endocrinologists from Rush University Children’s Hospital are available to see patients at our Rush campus in Chicago, Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Copley Medical Center in Aurora.