Children with diabetes and hormonal problems will find compassionate, expert care at RUSH. Pediatric endocrinology and metabolism specialists diagnose, treat and manage hormonal conditions, such as the following:
- Thyroid, adrenal and growth disorders
- Puberty disorders
- Endocrine problems caused by cancer or cancer treatments
Our team is dedicated to partnering with you and your child to empower your child to live a healthy lifestyle.
RUSH University Children’s Hospital also has a multidisciplinary care team for children who have a diagnosis of diabetes and their families. This team includes a pediatric endocrinologist, a psychologist, a registered pediatric dietician and certified diabetes care and education specialists (CDCES).
Remarkable Care for Kids
- Personalized care for endocrine conditions: Pediatric endocrinologists at RUSH University Children’s Hospital will work closely with you and your child to create an individualized care plan that works for your child's needs and lifestyle.
- Nutritional counseling: Diet changes can help a number of endocrine conditions, including diabetes and several thyroid conditions. A pediatric dietitian at RUSH University Children’s Hospital can work with you and your child to help make dietary changes that may help improve your child's health and condition.
- Care close to home: Pediatric endocrinologists from RUSH University Children’s Hospital are available to see patients at our RUSH campus in Chicago, RUSH Oak Park Hospital and RUSH Copley Medical Center in Aurora.