You and your baby deserve the best, and RUSH delivers. From personalized prenatal care to expert specialists, we’ll partner with you in pregnancy.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Gynecology
U.S. News & World Report ranked RUSH University Medical Center No. 13 in the country and best in Illinois for gynecologic care.
The RUSH Approach to Pregnancy Care
We're dedicated to helping you grow your family. That’s why pregnancy care at RUSH is personal — to your health history, your medical needs and your baby’s healthy development.
Our obstetric team will provide the best in prenatal care, personalizing our treatment to support your pregnancy goals, birth plan and health needs. If you do experience complications, our resources — including specialists and advanced technology — will give your pregnancy the expert care it needs.
Rush Excellence in Pregnancy Care
- Partnering with you to prepare for pregnancy: If you are considering becoming pregnant or trying to get pregnant, meeting with a RUSH obstetric provider can help you prepare to conceive. We offer preconception counseling, including a health and family history assessment, to address any potential issues before pregnancy. Our providers will also recommend lifestyle changes to best support a healthy pregnancy.
- Advanced testing, expert solutions: Prenatal tests, including genetic tests and ultrasounds, provide valuable insights into your and your baby’s health. Sometimes these tests can show the need for treatment to protect you or your developing baby. We offer advanced testing, including percutaneous umbilical cord blood sampling, with a comprehensive team of specialists ready to give you and your baby the care you need before, during and after pregnancy.
- Pregnancy care means caring for your mental health: Pregnancy may affect your emotional health, from increased anxiety to needing to change certain medications to protect your developing baby. Our obstetric providers partner with RUSH psychologists and psychiatrists to care for your mind and body. Your provider can also recommend activities and lifestyle changes to help improve emotional challenges.
- High-risk care, close to home: Maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialists are experts in caring for high-risk pregnancies, including women with gestational diabetes, endometriosis or multiple births. RUSH's experienced team often collaborates to offer the best in patient care. They see patients at both RUSH University Medical Center in Chicago and RUSH Copley Medical Center in Aurora.
- Advanced care from the beginning: For pregnancies facing rare medical challenges, you’ll find the highest level of care at RUSH University Medical Center’s Fetal and Neonatal Medicine Center. The center brings together multiple specialists to create a treatment plan for pregnancies with medical challenges including babies with heart, brain and intestinal development issues.
- Extra attention for expecting moms at Family Birth Center: The Family Birth Center at RUSH University Medical Center and RUSH Copley Medical Center cares for the unique needs of pregnant women ranging from routine labor to delivery with complex conditions. Dedicated rooms offer expectant moms privacy, comfort and the best prenatal care as they prepare to safely welcome their babies.
- Caring beyond your hospital stay: RUSH University Medical Center wants to help ensure that your transition to home is a smooth one for your new family. Through our Family Connects program, part of Family Connects Chicago, a nurse will visit with Chicago residents who give birth at RUSH University Medical Center about three weeks after you return home. This check-in meeting, at home or virtual, will help us connect you to care and services that can help you thrive physically, mentally, emotionally and socially.
- Expert care after pregnancy loss: If you have experienced pregnancy loss, you may need additional physical and emotional care. RUSH specialists can diagnose and treat miscarriages, support you emotionally, and help to address any health issues related to pregnancy loss.