Our transplant team is dedicated to getting you evaluated and on the transplant list quickly and treating you effectively to get you back to leading a full life.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Kidney Disease Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center as a high performing hospital in kidney disease.
The Rush Approach to Transplant Services
At Rush, our specialists are highly experienced in the care of complex transplants — kidney, kidney-pancreas and liver — consistently achieving higher than national average survival rates from 93.8 to 98.2%.
You will receive a comprehensive evaluation to get you quickly on the transplant waiting list. Our dedicated team of experts will work closely with you before and after your transplant surgery.
When we meet with you, we take into account both your medical and emotional needs. Our care does not stop after your surgery. We focus all of our follow-up care on making sure you are getting back to health and back to leading a full life.
Our Areas of Care
A pancreas transplant offers a potential cure for children and adults with diabetes.
A living-donor transplant is a surgery to remove an organ from a living person to replace another person’s failed organ.
A liver transplant is a surgery to place a healthy liver from a living or deceased donor into someone whose live is not functioning properly.
A kidney transplant is a surgery to place a healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor into a person whose kidneys no longer function properly.
A kidney-pancreas transplant is a surgery to place a healthy kidney and pancreas, at the same time, into a patient with type 1 diabetes whose kidney and pancreas are not functioning properly.
Expert care for patients with liver disease and liver transplants.
Rush Excellence in Transplant Service
- Among the nation's leading survival rates: The Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients confirms our kidney transplant survival rates for single-organ transplants are the highest in the Chicago area with one year survival rates ranging from 93.8 to 98.3%.
- Personalized care: We understand that the more you know about your transplant and care, the better you will do. That's why we focus on providing you with the education and support you need before and after your transplant — as your partner in health.
- Convenient care where — and when — you need it: We make it easier for you be evaluated for a transplant and get the follow-up care you need, with convenient locations in Chicago and Oak Brook.
- Second opinion services: Rush offers second opinion services to help you explore all possible treatment options, including kidney, kidney-pancreas and liver transplants.
- Ongoing emotional support: In addition to individual counseling, Rush has support groups where you can share your transplant journey with other patients and our experts.