The Rush Approach to Gynecologic Cancer
When you're facing a gynecologic cancer, you will have a gynecologic oncologist in your corner at Rush. Our gynecologic oncologists are leaders in diagnosing and treating cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine and endometrial cancer, vaginal cancer, vulvar cancer and other cancers that affect your reproductive systems.
Your gynecologic oncologist will be by your side throughout the entire course of your treatment — coordinating your care, performing necessary surgery and managing your chemotherapy and radiation therapy plan.
Throughout your treatment, we will make your quality of life a top priority. We will work with you and each other to keep your urinary function, fertility and sexual function at the top of mind through treatment and beyond.
Rush Excellence in Gynecologic Cancer Care
- Leaders in research and clinical trials: As a principal member of the National Cancer Institute’s Gynecology Oncology Group, Rush is at the leading edge of gynecologic cancer care and research, offering advanced treatments — such as innovative drug and radiation therapies and minimally invasive, robotic surgery — and exploring ways to detect gynecologic cancers in their earliest stages when they are most treatable.
- Expertise in advanced-stage and recurrent gynecologic cancers: At Rush, we're able to use precision oncology to give you more options if you have advanced or recurrent cancer. We do this by partnering with Tempus — a biotechnology company that collects, stores and analyzes genetic data, clinical information and tissue samples. These tests can uncover treatment options, such as immunotherapies, that may be an option if you have an advanced-stage or recurrent gynecologic cancer that hasn't responded to other treatment.
- Care where and when you need it: We make it easy for you to get academic medicine close to your home. Our gynecologic oncologists see patients at a number of convenient locations in Chicago, Aurora/Fox Valley, Oak Park and throughout the suburbs.
- Guiding you through survivorship: We know the physical and emotional stress of cancer doesn't just go away after your last treatment. Our gynecologic cancer survivorship clinic helps arm you with the information and support you need to help with this transition. We'll help coordinate follow-up appointments, discuss symptoms to pay attention to and work with you to address any personal challenges like sexual health and bladder function.
- Top doctors: All of the gynecologic oncologists at Rush were recognized in Chicago magazine's "Top Doctors" issue, which ranks the best doctors in the Chicago area based on voting from doctors' peers in their field.