Providing you next-day appointments for quality vascular care and the latest endovascular technology, including minimally invasive procedures for faster, smoother recoveries.
The Rush Approach to Vascular Surgery
Our vascular specialists at Rush have decades of experience diagnosing and treating both common and rare diseases that affect the arteries, veins and lymphatic system, including aneurysms, peripheral vascular disease (PVD) and varicose veins.
But no matter the disease, we want to make sure you feel heard. We encourage and involve your input when building your personalized and comprehensive care plan.
Our surgeons also use the latest technology — including open surgery, minimally invasive surgery and catheter-based treatments — which means faster recoveries and less pain for you. The team is highly skilled in carotid stenting, thoracic outlet decompression, arterial reconstructions, lower extremity arterial bypass surgery and venous procedures.
Our specialists also diagnose and manage extremity non-healing wounds. Using a comprehensive approach, our team addresses all your health needs, including risk factors management, nutritional needs and treatment options.
Rush Excellence in Vascular Surgery
- Always improving: Rush participates in the Vascular Quality Index (VQI) registry to continuously benchmark our outcomes and performance amongst colleagues to ensure we are meeting and exceeding national benchmarks.
- Faster, safer recoveries: Our providers are all trained in catheter-based treatment techniques to ensure we can provide you with safer, minimally invasive procedures that result in faster recoveries.
- Hybrid operating room: Physicians at Rush University Medical Center perform vascular surgeries in a state-of-the-art hybrid operating room that integrates minimally invasive procedures with open surgeries to streamline patient care and reduce your length of stay.
- Operation innovation: Rush Copley Medical Center's new Discovery GE Vascular Lab offers high-end fluoroscopy image guidance, advanced applications and 3D image fusion, all on a sophisticated gantry that travels on predefined paths with laser-guided precision.
- Easy, quick access in 24 hours: You can schedule a next-day virtual visit to connect right away with one of our providers. We can also schedule you for an in-person visit within the week.
- Full-team review of patients: Rush hosts a multidisciplinary conference to review cases. Our patients have confidence knowing our team of specialists have provided input on the surgical and care plans.