Providing you next-day appointments for quality vascular care and the latest endovascular technology, including minimally invasive procedures for faster, smoother recoveries.
The Rush Approach to Vascular Surgery
As a part of a leading academic medical institution, Rush vascular specialists have decades of experience diagnosing and treating both common and rare diseases that affect the arteries, veins and lymphatic system. This includes aneurysms, peripheral vascular disease (PVD), varicose veins and thoracic outlet syndrome.
Whatever your condition, we want to make sure you feel heard and taken care of. That’s why we encourage and include your input when we’re developing your personalized and comprehensive care plan.
Our surgeons use the latest technology — including open surgery, minimally invasive surgery and catheter-based treatments — to help you recover faster and with less pain. The team is highly skilled in aortic dissections, complex aortic aneurysm repair, arterial reconstruction, lower extremity bypass, carotid artery surgery, thoracic outlet decompression and venous procedures.
We also specialize in diagnosing and managing non-healing wounds on the limbs, especially the hands and feet. Our comprehensive approach to wound care includes a range of treatment options, risk factor management and nutrition counseling, to help your wound heal and restore any lost function.
Rush Excellence in Vascular Surgery
- Faster, safer recoveries: Our providers are all trained in catheter-based treatment techniques to ensure we can provide you with safer, less invasive procedures that result in faster recoveries.
- Hybrid operating room: Physicians at Rush University Medical Center perform vascular surgeries in a state-of-the-art hybrid operating room that integrates minimally invasive procedures with open surgeries to streamline patient care and reduce your length of stay.
- Operation innovation: Rush Copley Medical Center's new Discovery GE Vascular Lab offers high-end fluoroscopy image guidance, advanced applications and 3D image fusion, all on a sophisticated device that travels on predefined paths with laser-guided precision.
- Easy, quick access in 24 hours: You can schedule a next-day virtual visit to connect right away with one of our providers. We can also schedule you for an in-person visit within the week.
- Full-team review of patients: Rush hosts a multidisciplinary conference to review cases. So our patients have confidence knowing that our entire team of specialists have provided input on the surgical and care plans.
- Expertise in reducing your stroke risk: If you’ve been diagnosed with a cerebrovascular condition such as an arteriovenous malformation (AVM) or carotid artery disease, you may be at increased risk of having a stroke. The team at Rush’s comprehensive Stroke-Neurosurgery Clinic can create a personalized treatment plan designed to prevent future strokes. They’ll use their expertise in the full range of medications, surgery, minimally invasive procedures and risk reduction strategies to select the approach that works best for you.