Lifestyle changes that help you get back to a fuller, more active and meaningful life after a heart attack, bypass surgery or other heart procedures.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Heart Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked RUSH University Medical Center among the best in the nation in cardiology and heart surgery. RUSH Copley Medical Center and RUSH Oak Park Hospital were also recognized as high-performing hospitals in heart failure.
The Rush Approach to Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
Lead a healthier, more active life with the help of Rush's cardiac rehabilitation services' therapeutic outpatient program. We also offer a customized, virtual cardiac rehabilitation program to access when it's most convenient for you.
If you have recently suffered a heart attack or undergone bypass surgery, we will create a personalized course of treatments and services to help you get back on track, including the following:
- Counseling to address emotional barriers
- Exercise plans to build strength and endurance
- Support to make any lifestyle changes to prevent future cardiovascular issues
- A virtual cardiac rehabilitation program
Rush Excellence in Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
- Nationally recognized program: The Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Copley Medical Center cardiac rehabilitation programs were certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, which is a recognition of a hospital's commitment to providing patients a high standard of care and improving their quality of life.
- All the experts under one roof: Rush's programs offer access to experts who can help you recuperate and make sustained changes for a healthier lifestyle. You'll work with an integrated team of cardiologists, nurse practitioners, exercise physiologists and respiratory therapists.
- Body and mind benefits: At Rush Oak Park Hospital, after your initial assessment, you will begin a 12-week program that meets three times per week. People who have gone through this program typically experience a lower risk of future cardiac issues; decreased pain and medication use; fewer hospital readmissions; education on how to manage a chronic health condition; and improved overall well-being and quality of life.
- Comprehensive services in the western suburbs: At the Rush Copley Heart & Vascular Institute, we'll give you the motivation and support you need to adjust to life after a cardiac event. Rush Copley's state-of-the-art cardiac rehabilitation center has the latest fitness equipment to help rebuild strength and confidence, all under the guidance of specially trained nurses and staff.
- Access to the latest research and technology: Our cardiac rehabilitation providers are also researchers who are constantly studying new and effective approaches to cardiac rehab. Their expertise and dedication to the field allow you to have access to the latest advances and technologies.
- Rush Center for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: If you’re at risk for cardiovascular disease, Rush Oak Park Hospital’s Center for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease is here to help you prevent cardiac disease from developing and commit to your health and wellness goals. With comprehensive screening, our team of experts is able to assess your personal risk and create a plan to help you reach to your health goals. We use innovative technology to closely track your progress and share this information with you on a regular basis, empowering you to take an active role in your care.
- Convenience through our virtual cardiac rehab program: Rush Oak Park Hospital’s virtual cardiac rehabilitation program is designed to help you achieve your heart health and wellness goals from the comfort of your home and at your convenience. The program includes on-demand courses covering exercise, nutrition, meditation and yoga, among other lifestyle topics. Using your cellphone, tablet or computer, you can access our experts and your personalized rehabilitation program 24 hours a day, seven days a week.