If you're in pain, trust the orthopedic experts at Rush. We offer personalized care and advanced treatments to help improve your quality of life.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Orthopedic Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked RUSH University Medical Center No. 5 in the nation and best in Illinois for orthopedics. RUSH Copley Medical Center was also recognized as high-performing for hip fracture and knee replacement.
The Rush Approach to Orthopedic Care
Bone, joint and spine injuries and conditions aren't just painful. They can keep you from the activities you most enjoy.
Rush orthopedic and spine specialists are leaders in diagnosing and addressing the full range of problems, from head to toe, using the latest nonsurgical and surgical approaches. Our team is focused on ensuring that you get the right treatment to relieve your symptoms and improve your mobility — so you can get back to leading a full, active life.
Orthopedic care at Rush is offered by Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush, Castle Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine and Romano Orthopaedic Center. We also offer rheumatoid arthritis care, podiatry services and rehabilitation services (including physiatry, physical therapy and occupational therapy) at locations across the Rush System.
Our Areas of Care
Bone Cancer (Sarcoma) Care
The region's leading comprehensive program for treating rare bone cancers (sarcomas).
Cartilage Restoration Services
Advanced treatments to restore damaged cartilage, relieving pain and delaying or preventing the need for joint replacement surgery.
State-of-the-art diagnosis and proven treatments to help put you or your child on the path to recovery after a concussion.
Foot and Ankle Surgery Services
Specialized care, including advanced surgical solutions, for common to complex foot and ankle conditions.
Hand, Wrist, Elbow and Shoulder Surgery Services
Complete arm care, from finger fractures to elbow pain to rotator cuff tears, by leading experts.
Hip Preservation Care
Treatments to relieve hip pain and prevent or delay the need for hip replacement surgery.
Joint Replacement Services
World-class expertise in finger, wrist, elbow, shoulder, ankle, knee and hip replacement, including robotic total knee and total hip replacement.
Limb Preservation Services
The highest level of comprehensive care, including limb-sparing procedures, for people at risk of losing a limb due to cancer, trauma or infection.
Find limb preservation services
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Whole-body specialists focused on relieving pain, including chronic pain, and restoring normal function after an injury or surgery.
Spine and Back Care
Complete nonsurgical and surgical care for every issue affecting the neck, back and spine, including herniated discs, scoliosis and spinal tumors.
Sports Medicine Services
A comprehensive approach to diagnosing and treating a wide range of injuries and conditions, including regenerative medicine, the latest surgical techniques and pain management.
Rush Excellence in Orthopedic Care
- Top doctors: Our team includes some of Chicago magazine's Top Doctors, and doctors who are nationally and internationally recognized leaders in their fields. Whatever their area of expertise, all Rush orthopedic providers are focused on giving you the safest, most effective treatments to help you feel and function better.
- A personalized team approach: Care for many orthopedic and spine issues involves multiple specialists, and we assemble your care team based on your needs. These experts — including surgeons, primary care orthopedic doctors, podiatrists, rheumatologists, physiatrists and therapists — work collaboratively to help you reach your goals. If you require treatment from a different or additional specialist, we can easily refer you.
- State-of-the-art care: Rush orthopedic doctors are also innovators, leading efforts to continually improve patient care. That includes developing minimally invasive approaches that mean less time in the hospital. We also use advanced technology and treatments like biologics (e.g., platelet-rich plasma or stem cells) to help you heal faster; computer modeling and navigation; and customized implants. And members of our team have developed groundbreaking pain management strategies that reduce post-surgery pain and opioid medication use.
- Keeping athletes in the game: When you suffer a sports injury, you want care that will help you return to action as quickly as possible. Rush sports medicine specialists are here to help, with personalized nonsurgical, nonsurgical and rehabilitative care. We can also help prevent injuries with programs designed to improve your strength, flexibility and coordination. Rush University Medical Center is home to the team doctors for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox and many other professional and college teams and organizations.
- Second opinions: Whether you're newly diagnosed or are still having symptoms after treatment, a second opinion from Rush can help you make important decisions about your care. For instance, we understand which conditions will benefit from surgery, and we'll never suggest having a procedure that won't benefit you. You can schedule an in-person or virtual second opinion visit to confirm a diagnosis, discuss symptoms and get advice about treatment, including innovative options available only at Rush.
- Recognized for excellence in spine surgery: Rush University Medical Center has been designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery. This designation recognizes Rush’s commitment to high-quality care, patient safety and providing the best possible outcomes for our spine surgery patients. It also reflects our expertise with cervical and lumbar fusion, cervical laminectomy and lumbar laminectomy/discectomy procedures, which contributes to fewer complications and readmissions compared to other facilities.