Sleep apnea, snoring or insomnia ruining your sleep? Rush's sleep experts provide fast, accurate diagnoses, sleep studies, Inspire therapy and more.
A National Leader in Sleep Disorders Care
The sleep disorders center at Rush University Medical Center was the first in the region to be accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine — the gold standard of sleep medicine — for high-quality, patient-centered care.
The Rush Approach to Sleep Disorders Care
The quality of your sleep has a big effect on your quality of life. From sleep apnea to restless legs to chronic insomnia, there are a number of disorders that can keep you from falling asleep, staying asleep or waking up feeling rested.
If you're not getting the sleep you need, Rush specialists will find out why. And, they'll make a personalized treatment plan that restores your restful sleep while taking your lifestyle and preferences into account. We offer in-person and telehealth appointments, and can schedule sleep tests quickly.
Our team includes board-certified sleep medicine specialists, pulmonologists and neurologists who work together to pinpoint your sleep issues and find the right solution for you. We offer a wide range of treatment options, including cognitive behavioral therapy, CPAP and sleep surgery.
Rush Excellence in Sleep Disorders Care
- Convenient, comfortable sleep studies: We offer at-home sleep studies with portable equipment that can be monitored remotely, as well as on-site sleep studies in state-of-the-art sleep labs in Chicago, Oak Park, Aurora and Yorkville. Our labs feature high-tech monitoring, plus private rooms with wireless internet, cable TV and other essentials to make you comfortable.
- Sleep medicine accreditation: Rush is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Disorders (AASM) and works closely with AASM on innovations in sleep medicine education, tools and technology.
- Collaborative care: Rush sleep specialists work closely with your primary care physician and other specialists as needed. For example, if losing weight would help your sleep apnea, we collaborate with the Rush weight loss services team on your treatment plan.
- New therapies: Rush offers the FDA-approved Inspire therapy, an alternative to CPAP that treats obstructive sleep apnea without masks or hoses. Some types of apnea can be resolved with minimally invasive surgery, and our sleep specialists are collaborating with Rush cardiologists on a new diaphragm pacing device for central sleep apnea.
- Groundbreaking research: Because Rush is an academic medicine system, you'll have access to our leading-edge clinical trials. Rush researchers have made some of the most important discoveries in sleep medicine, including developing some of the first oral appliances for sleep apnea, identifying ideal sleep positions for people with obstructive sleep apnea, and finding new ways to diagnose and treat insomnia.