We encourage you to visit your loved ones during their time at Rush. To make the most of your visit, please be aware of our visiting hours and policies.
- Monday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The intensive care and other select units have different visiting hours. Please call the hospital operator at (312) 942-5000 to be transferred to a specific unit and find out the visiting hours for that unit.
- The intensive care and other select units have special visitor policies. Please check with the specific unit or call the hospital operator at (312) 942-5000 to be transferred to a specific unit and find out the visiting hours for that unit.
- We ask that no more than two people visit a patient at one time.
- Children under age 16 years are not permitted to visit unless special arrangements are made with the nurse in charge.
Visitors must check in at an information desk and receive a visitor’s pass at one of the following locations:
- Atrium, fourth floor
- Edward A. Brennan Entry Pavilion, first floor of Tower
- Armour Academic entrance, fourth floor
- Please make sure your visitor’s pass (with the correct date and location) is visibly displayed at all times while you are at the hospital.
Rush is committed to including your loved ones in your care. We understand and interpret the terms “family” or “family member” to include the following:
- Biological and/or legal family members (e.g., spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents)
- Extended family members (e.g. grandchildren, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts)
- Other visitors of your choice (e.g., domestic or civil union partners of the same or different sex, significant others, caretakers, guardians, agents, friends), regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Rush is a healing environment. For the health of our entire community, Rush is a tobacco-free campus. That means smoking is not allowed anywhere on campus, including outdoor areas.
If you would like help quitting smoking, please call the Illinois Tobacco Quit Line: (888) QUIT-YES (784-8937) or visit www.quityes.org. For a referral to a physician at Rush who can help, call (888) 352-RUSH (7874).