Rush is now offering a new library of videos on a variety of health topics in our Digital Patient Education Center. These short, 2-3 minute videos offer general information as well as specific information you may need to care for yourself or a loved one. Creating an account and watching videos in the Education Center is free as a benefit to you for coming to Rush.
How to watch videos
You may access videos from any smartphone, tablet or computer with internet access.
Use the following steps to watch videos:
- If you don’t have a MyChart account, create an account.
- Login to your MyChart account or the My Rush mobile app. You can get the My Rush mobile app in the App Store (iOS) or on Google Play (Android).
- Once logged in, navigate to “Education Videos.” In MyChart, the Education Videos button is accessible under Resources. In the My Rush mobile app, you can find it under the Health menu or the Virtual Care menu.
- Start watching videos. We suggest starting with the Recommended videos at the top, which have been selected specifically for you.
Frequently asked questions
For more information about how online education videos work, take a look at the information below, covering frequently asked questions about our online video platform.
- What are the benefits of online video education?
- What are recommended videos?
- How much does video education cost? Do I need to subscribe?
- I received an email about watching health videos on the Digital Patient Education Center. Why did I receive this message?
- I was asked to complete a survey before watching videos. Is the survey required?
- Is my data secure in the Digital Patient Education Center?
- Who is Mytonomy?
- Who should I contact with questions about the videos?
- Will I still have access to Healthclips?
Knowing more about your care and conditions may help you improve your health. The short, easy-to-watch, 2-3 minute videos in the Digital Patient Education Center make it easy to learn more than ever before. Plus, the videos are designed to help you remember what you learn. You can watch them as many times as you want and share them with friends or family who might be involved in your care.
Recommended videos are videos personalized to you and your health conditions. They’re a great place to begin when getting started with patient education videos. Over time, your Rush providers will add additional recommended videos or content to your recommended video section so you will have additional opportunities to watch videos about a variety of health topics in the future.
Depending on your health history, you may also receive recommended content related to our first educational campaign, which is to raise awareness about the prevention and treatment of high cholesterol and heart disease.
Video education is completely free as a benefit to you. While you do need to create an account to watch videos, you will not ever have to subscribe or enter payment information to view content. You may watch videos any videos that interest you and re-watch content as many times as you’d like.
I received an email about watching health videos on the Digital Patient Education Center. Why did I receive this message?
Video education is beneficial for anyone seeking to learn more about their health. When new recommended content is available to you, you may receive a notification encouraging you to access your content. Recommended content could be added because of your health history, added by a provider based on your care. You may also receive recommended content related to our campaign to raise awareness about the prevention and treatment of high cholesterol and heart disease. If we contact you as part of a campaign, you are not required to participate. If you wish to unsubscribe, you may do so via the message that you received or contact us.
Patients who are eligible for certain content and programs will have the opportunity to participate in a survey to help us learn more about our patients. You are not required to take the survey. If you decline the survey, you may still watch videos.
We take great care to ensure your health information is private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal usernames and passwords. You may change your password at any time.
Mytonomy is one of our patient education partners. In addition to helping us produce high-quality, informational content, they also have created a viewing platform intended to give you the best possible viewing experience. They also provide technological support for the Rush Digital Patient Education Center.
For questions about Mytonomy or connecting to your account, please call Rush at (312) 563-6600. You may also email us at email@example.com, but please note that the use of email is not secure and, therefore, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any information sent over email.
Healthclips is another library of health and wellness videos available to Rush patients. You may still view Healthclips videos at rush.healthclips.com.