Rush University Medical Center
If you have unwanted, unused or expired medications in your home, you can dispose of them safely and anonymously at Rush University Medical Center.
Medication collection boxes
Medication collection boxes are in the following locations:
- The pedestrian bridge from the visitor parking garage to the Atrium Building
- The fourth floor of Armour Academic Center near the ATMs
- The first floor of the Professional Building near the valet desk and next to the ATM
Accepted substances for disposal
The following substances are accepted for disposal in the boxes:
- Prescriptions (Schedule II-V controlled and non-controlled substances)
- Over-the-counter medications
- Pet medications
- Prescription patches
Not accepted substances
The following items are not accepted:
- Needles and syringes
- Aerosol cans
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Lotions and liquids
Please note: The contents of the container are not audited or inventoried in any way. Rush works with a licensed vendor that will incinerate any medications we receive.
Rush Copley Medical Center
Rush Copley Medical Center does not offer medication disposal services at this time.
Rush Oak Park Hospital
Rush Oak Park Hospital does not offer medication disposal services at this time.