Rush is committed to providing you and your loved ones with quality care in the language you prefer. If you need medical information in a language other than English, Rush’s interpreter staff can help.
- Rush has nationally certified Spanish and Polish interpreters.
- Rush also offers services in 200 additional languages, including American Sign Language (ASL).
To translate any of the pages on the Rush website, we recommend using a free online translator such as Google Translate.
Rush can provide you and your loved ones with the following assistive aids:
- Communication boards
- Large button telephones
- Magnifying reading glasses
- Personal listening devices
Requesting language assistance services
Our language assistance services are available free to patients and families. All Rush personnel can assist you in arranging language services. To request these services, please call the phone number of the hospital where you are receiving care.
Once you contact us, a member of our interpreter services team will work with you to update your demographics in our system to ensure your medical records and documents are in your preferred language, and an interpreter will be assigned for each of your appointments at Rush.
Also, we are currently offering interpreter services for virtual appointments. Be sure to ask a member of our interpreter services team or language assistance services team about this option, if applicable.
- Rush University Medical Center: Interpreter Services Office, (312) 563-2987, or email email@example.com.
- Rush Copley Medical Center: Language Assistance Services, (630) 978-4832
- Rush Oak Park Hospital: Interpreter Services Office, (866) 560-7907