At all RUSH system hospitals, there are a number of convenient dining options available to you and your family. All of our restaurants accept most major credit cards.
RUSH University Medical Center has food options for patients and visitors that encourage healthy choices. Learn how our offerings meet or exceed national standards.
West Side Food Hall
West Side Food Hall features four restaurants and two rotating pop-up restaurants, offering a wide variety of flavors and cuisines for lunch.
- Location: Second floor of the Armour Academic Center, 600 S. Paulina St., Chicago, IL 60612
- Monday through Friday (excluding holidays): 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This location has a large seating area and offers a variety of bakery items, soups, made-to-order sandwiches, coffee and tea.
- Location: Fourth floor of the Atrium Building, 1650 W. Harrison St., Chicago, IL 60612
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
A smaller kiosk located on the ground floor of the Professional Building is open Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Restaurant (Room 500)
This location features a casual restaurant dining experience and an American fusion menu.
- Location: Fifth floor of the Professional Building, 1725 W. Harrison St., Chicago, IL 60612
- Use elevator 1
- Monday through Friday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Take-out service, which includes sandwiches, salads and specialty coffees, is available on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit the online platform to order and pay. Food is made to order and ready for pickup in 20 minutes at the reception desk outside of Room 500, in front of elevator one.
Mobile food carts offer hot and cold prepackaged meals and weekly specials. The carts travel through the Medical Center on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There is also a Room 500 mobile food cart permanently stationed on the fourth floor of the Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building, 1520 W. Harrison St. A room 500 mobile cart is temporarily available on the ground floor of the Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building, as well. Both carts will be available from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Room 500 takeout will also be available for pick up at the Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building at set times throughout the day. When placing an order via the Toast app, be sure to specify in the instructions that you are choosing delivery for the Rubschlager Building. Orders will be available for pick up at the fourth-floor mobile cart at the following times:
- Orders received by 7:30 a.m. will be ready for pick up at 8 a.m.
- Orders received by 11 a.m. will be ready for pick up at 11:30 a.m.
- Orders received by 12:30 p.m. will be ready for pick up at 1 p.m.
Subway offers sandwiches, salads, snacks and fountain drinks.
- Location: First floor of the Sofija and Jorge O. Galante Orthopedic Building, 1611 W. Harrison St., Chicago, IL 60612
- Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Starbucks is located on the first floor of Armour Academic Center (on the southwest corner of Harrison Street and Paulina Street). It is open from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays, and from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the weekend.
- Farmer's Fridge:
- Farmer's Fridge sells fresh and healthy food through a user-friendly, self-serve smart fridge. The Farmer's Fridge is located on both the fourth floor of the Armour Academic Building, 600 S. Paulina St., Chicago, IL 60612, the fourth floor of the Tower Building, 1620 W. Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60612 and on the fourth floor of the Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building, 1520 W. Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607.
- Farmer's Fridge is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Farmer's Fridge accepts cash, coins and credit cards.
- Vending machines:
- The largest vending area is located on the first floor of the Jelke Building, 1750 W. Harrison St., Chicago, IL 60612.
- Vending machines are located on the fourth and seventh floors of the Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building, 1520 W. Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607.
- Other vending machines are located throughout the Medical Center. Ask unit staff for directions to the nearest machines.
- All vending machines are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please note: Vending machines accept cash or coins, no credit cards.
Food and Nutrition Services guest trays
If your loved one is in the hospital, you can arrange to receive the same meal they receive at mealtimes. The cost is $10 per meal tray, and you will be asked to pay by credit card when you order. Please call Food and Nutrition Services at (312) 942-3663 to make your order.
There are many local restaurants surrounding the Medical Center's campus. A few options include the following:
230 S. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL 60607
Multiple restaurants on South Halsted Street (Greek)
La Lagartija Taqueria
132 S. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL 60607
1659 W. Ogden Ave.
1645 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60612
1531 W. Taylor St., Chicago, IL 60607
Waterfront Café features hot entrees, sandwiches, salad and soup bar, desserts, hot and cold drinks, juices and snacks.
- Location: Ground level of the hospital, 2000 Ogden Ave., Aurora, IL 60504
- Menu: To view the weekly menu, visit here, printable version here. Menus are subject to change without notice.
- Open every day from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
A vending area is located in the Waterfront Café, which is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Jazzman’s Café offers a wide variety of coffee and beverages, baked goods, specialty sandwiches and salads.
Jazzman's has two convenient locations:
- Main Entrance lobby
Location: 2000 Ogden Ave., Aurora, IL 60504
Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Physician Office Building II lobby
Location: 2040 Ogden Ave., Aurora, IL 60504
Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mindful Gold Certified
RUSH Copley Medical Center has earned Sodexo's Mindful Gold Certification in recognition of our dedication to providing healthy options and at cost-conscious prices. To learn more, visit here.
The café offers a wide variety of healthy menu options for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.
- Location: Second floor of RUSH Oak Park Hospital, 520 S. Maple Ave., Oak Park, IL 60304
- Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Vending machines are adjacent to the café, and they are available 24 hours, seven days a week.
There are many local restaurants surrounding RUSH Oak Park's campus. A few options include the following:
7403 Madison St
Forest Park, IL 60130
1112 Madison St., Oak Park, IL 60302
Mexican Republic Kitchen and Cantina
7404 Madison St., Forest Park, IL 60130
7411 W. Madison St., Forest Park, IL 60130
2313 S. Cicero Ave., Cicero, IL 60804
Harvest 365 Restaurant and Fresh Grill
7610 W. Roosevelt Road, Suite 120, Forest Park, IL 60130