Video visits provide a quick, immediate way for you to connect with a health care provider for an online doctor's visit when you need care for common conditions. During a video visit, you'll talk to a provider via video chat, receive a diagnosis on the call and get a treatment plan. If you need prescriptions, we'll send them directly to your pharmacy.
How on-demand video visits work
- Log in to MyChart or register for a MyChart account on your browser or in the My Rush app.
- If you’re using MyChart, select Talk to a Doctor for the main menu. If you’re using the My Rush app, navigate to Appointments > On-Demand Video Visits.
- Enter information about your condition and complete the check-in process.
- Within 20 minutes, you'll be notified that a provider is ready to connect.
- Join the video chat on your smartphone or tablet with the My Rush app, or on your desktop computer with MyChart.
Video visits are available to adults and to children of all ages, whether or not they have seen a Rush provider in the past.
For more information, take a look through the questions below. If you have questions or concerns about on-demand video visits that are not addressed here, please contact (312)-947-0100.
- If you're using your browser, try connecting on the My Rush app on your phone instead. Using the app ensures the best possible experience with video visits.
- Make sure you're connected to secure WiFi with a strong signal.
- Verify that your app, phone and/or browser are all updated to the most recent version. You can check that the My Rush app is up to date by visiting the App Store or Google Play.
The following are some tips to help you prepare for your visit:
- Install the My Rush app on your phone or update the app to the latest version. Enable push notifications so we can let you know when your provider is ready to connect.
- Find a quiet, private place with enough light and a strong WiFi signal. Consider using a headset for the best sound quality.
- Charge your device so you have enough battery for the visit.
- If you're on a desktop, update your browser and plug-ins.
Video visits are available to adults for the following conditions:
|• Acid reflux||• Cold/flu*||• Concern for coronavirus|
|• Coping and stress||• Cough*||• Constipation|
|• Diarrhea*||• Fever||• Insect bites/stings|
|• Minor burns||• Minor injuries||• Painful urination*|
|• Red eye||• Return to work assessments||• Seasonal allergies|
|• Sinus problems*||• Sore throat||• STD counseling|
|• Wound check|
Video visits are available to children of all ages for cough, cold/flu and concern for novel coronavirus. Video visits for kids are restricted to these topics and are currently offered free of charge. For visits with children under 12 years of age, the parent/guardian and child must both be present for the visit.
Virtual visits are not for emergencies. If you have an urgent medical need, call 911 — or visit your nearest emergency department or urgent care facility.
Video visits are available to adults and to children older than 3 months, even if they've never been to Rush. You must have a MyChart account to complete a virtual visit, but you can register for a MyChart account at any time. For children ages 3 months to 11 years, both the child and the parent/guardian must be present during the visit.
Video visits are available to children of all ages for cough, cold/flu and concern for novel coronavirus. For visits with children under 12 years of age, the child and parent/guardian must both be present for the visit.
Video visits are available from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week.
We’ve recently updated our payment process and insurance coverage for video visit appointments. Your payment will be determined after your visit based on your care and insurance plan. We may bill you and/or your insurance for the relevant amount after your appointment. No payment will be collected at the time of your visit.
To complete a video visit, you will need a smartphone, tablet or computer, along with the My Rush mobile app and a MyChart account. The app is available for free in the App Store and on Google Play. You should complete your video visit over secure WiFi with a strong signal. If you need help troubleshooting your video visit connection, try the steps described, call us at (312) 563-6600 or email us at email@example.com.
You'll be treated by the Rush provider who is available at the moment you need care. Your regular primary care provider will have access to your diagnosis and treatment plan in your medical record.
Depending on the nature of your condition, you may be advised to seek in-person care. Your live provider may suggest a certain type of care and let you know where to make an appointment. If for some reason you cannot receive treatment, your visit will still be billed.
Yes. Your provider can prescribe medications if you need them and send the online prescriptions directly to the pharmacy of your choice.
We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal usernames and passwords. You control your own password, and your account cannot be accessed without that password. Further, MyChart uses the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology to automatically encrypt your session with MyChart.