Public transportation information for Rush University Medical Center, Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Copley Medical Center.
Due to construction work related to Rush’s new cancer and neurosciences building, some lanes will be closed on Ashland Avenue near Harrison Street, as well as Congress Parkway. Please avoid Ashland Avenue and Congress Parkway and allow extra time. To learn more about alternative routes to reach Medical Center destinations on Harrison Street, including the main parking garage and Professional Building, please visit this web page.
Rush University Medical Center is conveniently located close to public transportation.
Two Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) train stations are adjacent to the Rush campus:
- Illinois Medical District (Blue Line)
- Polk (Pink Line)
From the Blue Line
- Take the Blue Line train to the Illinois Medical District (IMD) station and exit at Paulina Street (walk up the long ramp toward the city).
- Turn right on Paulina Street and cross Congress Parkway at the light. The hospital entrance will be to your left off Harrison Street.
- There is also an ADA-accessible entrance/exit located at Damen Avenue a quarter-mile west of the Ogden bridge and half a mile west of the Paulina Street bridge.
- The Blue Line's main connection is with the Red Line. It also connects with Green, Brown, Orange and Purple Line trains, as well as Metra.
From the Pink Line
- Take the Pink Line train to the Polk station.
- Go to your right as you leave the station to Paulina Street (less than half a block from station).
- Turn left on Paulina Street to travel north to Rush University Medical Center.
- The Pink Line connects with the Green, Brown, Orange and Purple lines, as well as Metra.
From Chicago O’Hare
- Take the Blue Line train through the Loop to the Illinois Medical District station.
- When you arrive at the station, go to the exit on Paulina Street.
- Turn right at the exit and walk one block to Congress Parkway.
- Cross Congress Parkway at the light. The hospital entrance will be to your left off Harrison Street.
From Chicago Midway
- Take the Orange Line to the Loop.
- Transfer at the Quincy or Washington/Wells stop to the Pink Line train.
- Take the Pink Line to the Polk station.
- Go right as you leave the station to Paulina Street (less than half a block from station).
- Make a left on Paulina to travel north to the Medical Center.
The following CTA bus routes include stops at or near Rush University Medical Center:
- #7 Harrison (weekdays)
- #9 Ashland (weekdays and weekends)
- #126 Jackson (weekdays and weekends)
- #157 Streeterville/Taylor (weekdays)
PACE Route 755 provides weekday, rush-hour service between Plainfield and downtown Chicago. Inbound buses stop at Harrison and Paulina streets in the morning. Outbound buses stop in the afternoon.
The valet parking and information desk staff at the hospital’s main entrance (located at 1620 W. Harrison St.) can call a cab for you.
Several Divvy bike-sharing stations are situated near the Rush University Medical Center campus, including the following:
- Harrison Street and Ashland Avenue
- Ogden Avenue and Congress Parkway
- Polk Street (CTA Pink Line station)
Contact a Rush University Medical Center operator at (312) 942-5000.
Rush Oak Park Hospital is served by the following:
- Pace Bus Routes 307 and 320. For more information, call (847) 364-PACE (7223).
- CTA Green Line and Blue Line trains. For more information, call (888) 968-7282; for TTY access, call 888-CTA-TTY1 (282-8891) or 711 (relay).
- Metra Union Pacific West Line. For information, call (312) 322-6777.
Paratransit service for people with disabilities is provided by Pace Suburban Bus to registered users with 24-hour advance notice. Call (800) 299-0765.
Senior Transportation Services
Many local governments offer low-cost transportation for senior citizens with advance notification (usually at least 24 hours prior to service). You must be a resident to access these services:
- Berwyn Cicero Council on Aging Senior Center. For more information, call (708) 484-2510.
- Cicero Township. For more information, call (708) 222-3879.
- Forest Park Community Center. For more information, call (708) 771-7737.
- Oak Park Township Transportation provides service to Oak Park and River Forest residents age 60 and older with advanced (24-hour) reservations. For more information, call (708) 383-4806.
- Proviso Township Senior Citizen Services. For more information, call (708) 449-4307.
For route and fare information, call (847) 364-PACE (7223).
For route and fare information, call (312) 322-6777.
- A Cab of Aurora/Sandwich
- American Taxi
- Aurora Deluxe Cab
- Montgomery Cab Inc.