Good nutrition plays an important role in recovery. Our inpatient meals are prepared fresh daily and customized to meet your personal preferences and food allergy needs.
RUSH University Medical Center Menus
Below is a list of our menus that comply with the diet your doctor has prescribed for you. If you are unsure of your diet, nursing or a diet clerk can help direct you to the appropriate link. Vegetarian and vegan items can be found on all the menus as appropriate. Carbohydrate amounts are available on all menu types for patients on a diabetic diet. If you would like a paper copy of your menu please notify your nurse or the kitchen when placing your meal order.
- General / Heart Healthy (Printable version)
- Low Sodium / Renal (Printable version)
- Gluten Friendly
- Mechanically Altered
Look for the different symbols in the menus to find the best options for you:
(#) = Grams of Carbohydrate | ♥ = Heart Healthy | M = Vegetarian | V= Vegan | R = Renal
Placing an Order
- After reviewing your menu please call us to place your order at ext. 2-3663 ((312) 942-3663 from outside the hospital).
- Our kitchen is closed between 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. for deep cleaning and preparation for the next meal service. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please note that the ordering process may differ from unit to unit. Guest trays are available for $10 per meal (credit card only).
Rush University Medical Center has food options for patients and visitors that encourage healthy choices. Learn how our offerings meet or exceed national standards.