Rush’s resource centers offer a wide range of information, support and services for patients and their families. We are committed to helping you find the information and support you need to help you take a more active role in your health.
Rush Resource Centers
The Rush resource centers are welcoming, relaxing spaces that offer information, support and services to patients, visitors and the community. The centers are open to everyone; you do not have to be a patient at Rush.
- Educational material and tip sheets about pertinent health topics
- A reference library with computers and Internet access
- Information about services at Rush and in the community
- Suggestions for managing emotional stress related to illness and chronic health conditions
- Information on caregiving
- Literature for coping with serious medical conditions
- Tips on transitioning from hospital to home
- Access to Rush Generations, a free health and aging membership program
The resource centers at Rush are in the following locations:
Anne Byron Waud Resource Center for Health and Aging
Johnston R. Bowman Health Center
710 S. Paulina St.
Fourth floor, Suite 438
Chicago, IL 60612
Tower Resource Center
1620 W. Harrison St.
Fourth floor, Suite 04527
Chicago, IL 60612
Walk-in visitors are welcome to browse literature, use the computers and request guidance from our dedicated staff. If you would like an individual consultation, please make an appointment by calling (800) 757-0202.
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact us: Call (800) 757-0202
Armour Academic Center
600 S. Paulina St., Suite 919
Hours of operation: Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday: Closed; Sunday: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Women’s and Children’s Resource Center
The Women’s and Children’s Resource Center at Rush offers services and classes for patients, families and the community. At the center you have access to the following:
- A wide range of classes about pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and caring for babies
- Therapeutic and prenatal massages.
1653 W. Congress Pkwy., Room 810
Call (888) 352-7874 to register for an educational class or to schedule a tour of labor and delivery
Call (312) 942-2336 to schedule a massage
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Baby, Breastfeeding and Beyond Boutique
If you're expecting a baby or have recently had a baby, you’ll find what you need to care of yourself and your baby, including the following:
- Breastfeeding pumps
- Bras and nursing bras
- A certified bra fitter to help you determine the right bra to get
- Baby clothes and accessories
1653 W. Congress Parkway, 852 Atrium (C elevator)
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cancer Patient Resource Center
Located in the lobby of the outpatient Rush University Cancer Center, this resource center provides free education information and support about cancer, treatments, symptom control, pain management and quality of life. Here, you’ll have access to the following:
- An American Cancer Society patient navigator who can answer questions and help connect you to the resources you need
- Books, pamphlets and other literature about cancer, treatments and resources that can help you and your family
- Two computers
1725 W. Harrison St., Suite 1010
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.