If you're an older adult or a caregiver to one, we invite you to join Rush Generations for free information and resources related to health and aging. Our programs are accessible in person, online and over the phone.
Joining Rush Generations connects you to educational programs and resources to learn how to be healthier as you age. You'll have access to monthly health presentations, workshops to learn new skills, classes that enhance your physical and emotional well-being, health screenings, support groups and much more. And you don't have to be a Rush patient — or the caregiver of a Rush patient — to join.
Rush Generations Member Benefits
- Free lectures and discussions on topics related to aging and health. Recent events have covered treatments and advances in medicine for older adults, how to maximize memory, understanding Medicare and mind/body wellness
- Fitness and wellness classes, including Zumba Gold and gentle chair yoga, offered online only during COVID-19 social distancing
- Support groups, including groups for diabetes support and education; family caregivers; Huntington's disease; and friends and family with memory loss
- Health screening and information sessions, such as balance testing; hearing tests; medication reviews; skin checks; and advice on creating an advance directive
- Health management workshops, including the fall-prevention course A Matter of Balance and two classes that help you manage chronic health conditions: Take Charge of Your Health and Take Charge of Your Diabetes (available in English and Spanish)
- The Health Legacy Program for Women, a six-week course designed for African American and Latinx women age 50+ who want to learn to eat healthy, lose weight and manage diabetes
- Special resources for caregivers, including support groups and referrals to community resources
- A quarterly newsletter in the mail and a monthly electronic newsletter
- Free parking when you come to our programs
- Scholarship opportunities for Rush Generations classes and workshops that have a small fee
- Toll-free help line and information service: (800) 757-0202
- Two resource centers at Rush University Medical Center: welcoming, relaxing spaces that offer information, support and services, including computers and internet access
- Volunteer opportunities, including training to lead our health management workshops as well as helping with administrative, promotional and organizational activities at Rush (opportunities are home-based during COVID-19 social distancing)
How to Join Rush Generations
It's easy to join. Here are three ways to do it:
When you join, we'll send you a welcome packet of member-exclusive information and health management tools. You'll also start receiving our quarterly Rush Generations print newsletter and regular email updates.
If you'd like to see more of what we're about, follow us on Facebook.