Rush University Medical Center has provided expert medical care to adults and children from all over the world. Our International Health Services program provides personal assistance to patients from outside of the U.S., their families and referring physicians before, during and after their visit to Rush.
U.S. News & World Report consistently names Rush among the best medical centers in the United States.
What we do
Our dedicated International Health Services team coordinates all aspects of your visit to Rush to make sure everything runs smoothly. We have two suites to serve the distinct needs of our international patients. Some of the services we offer include the following:
- Coordinating medical, social, travel and financial needs
- Acting as liaisons with medical officials, physicians and foreign consulate and embassy officials
- Assisting with visa arrangements, if needed
- Providing interpreter services for patients and families
- Coordinating travel arrangements to Chicago, including accommodations for patients and family members
- Coordinating scheduling for medical consultations, diagnostic tests and admission to the hospital
- Making special dietary arrangements for ethnic, religious or health needs
- Coordinating private-duty nursing, rehabilitation and home health services before and after discharge when needed
- Providing assistance to coordinate financial counseling and/or services
- Providing access to business equipment, such as computers, faxes and copiers
Why choose Rush
First-rate patient care
At Rush, everything we do is designed to support one mission: to provide the best possible care for our patients. Our education and research endeavors, community service programs and relationships with other hospitals are dedicated to enhancing excellence in patient care for local, national and international communities.
The orthopedics program at Rush is ranked No. 6 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Some of the other highly ranked programs at Rush including the following:
- Cardiology and cardiovascular surgery
- Kidney diseases
- Neurology and neurosurgery
Rush recently opened a new hospital, the Tower. With state-of-the-art technology, an advanced surgery and treatment center — one of only three of this scale in the U.S. — and a neonatal intensive care unit with 72 individual rooms, Rush is the future of medicine.
Rush is located on Chicago’s near West Side, just minutes from downtown Chicago, and easily accessible by all major expressways and public transportation. Rush is located less than 20 miles from both Chicago O’Hare International Airport and Midway International Airport.