As part of Rush University Medical Center’s mission to provide comprehensive, coordinated health care to our patients, we offer several financial assistance programs to help patients with their health care costs.
Qualifying for financial assistance
Our financial counselors or customer service representatives will perform a financial assessment to determine which one of the following programs is the best fit for you:
- Financial assistance (charity care)/full write-off: Your hospital bill can be discounted up to 100 percent if your income is 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (family size adjusted) or less.
- Limited income program: The hospital will provide a 75 percent discount on services if your family income is between 301 and 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Uninsured patient discount: Rush offers Illinois residents a 50 to 68 percent discount to all uninsured patients, depending on family income. Rush offers a 50 percent discount to all uninsured, out-of-state residents.
- Non-covered discount: Rush offers a 50 percent discount if your insurance does not cover the medical services provided. Deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays do not qualify for the non-covered discount.
- Payment plans: Payment plans can be set up directly in MyChart. If preferred, you can also work with financial counselors or customer service representatives to determine an appropriate interest-free monthly payment plan that works for your financial situation.
- Presumptive charity care: Rush covers some of your medical costs if you are already a patient at Rush and your family income is below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This program is for patients who are uninsured. We will determine your eligibility for each episode of care.
- Read Rush's Financial Assistance Policy in English or Spanish.
- For more information about the financial assistance policies at Rush, view our Financial Assistance Summary in English or Spanish.
- For more information about the Federal Poverty Guidelines, view the Federal Register of poverty guidelines.
- Financial counselors: (312) 942-5967, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Customer service representatives: (312) 942-5693 or (866) 761-7812, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After filling out the form, please mail it to:
Rush University Medical Center
1700 W. Van Buren St., Suite 161
Chicago, IL 60612