There are a number of convenient dining options available to you or a loved one at Rush. All of the restaurants accept most major credit cards.
West Side Food Hall
- Located in the Armour Academic Center (600 S. Paulina St.) on the second floor.
- Features three resident restaurants — Potbelly, Beatrix Market, Fat Rabbit — and two rotating pop-up restaurants, offering a wide variety of flavors and cusines for breakfast and lunch.
- A large seating area.
- Open Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. (breakfast) and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (lunch)
Common Grounds coffee kiosk
- Located in the Armour Academic Center (600 S. Paulina St.) on the second floor, adjacent to the West Side Food Hall.
- Features local coffees and specialty drinks, snacks and grab-and-go items.
- Open Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Food and Nutrition Services guest trays
- If your loved one is in the hospital, you can arrange to receive the same meal he/she is getting at mealtimes.
- To order a tray, call food and nutrition services at (312) 942-5200.
- The cost is $7 per meal tray. You will pay by credit card when you order your tray.
Au Bon Pain restaurants
1650 W. Harrison St., fourth floor: This location has a large seating area and offers a variety of bakery items, coffee, tea and fountain drinks, made-to-order sandwiches, a salad bar and hot bar, and a wide range of soups. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
1725 W. Harrison St., ground floor: This kiosk location offers coffee and fountain drinks, bakery items, soups and premade sandwiches and salads. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Triangle Office Building
1700 W. Van Buren St., second floor: This location has a small seating area and offers coffee, fountain and bottled drinks, bakery items and premade sandwiches and salads. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
1650 W. Harrison St., fourth floor, outside the Jaffee Rooftop Garden and Smith Family Lounge. This kiosk location offers a variety of bakery items, premade sandwiches and salads, coffee, tea and other beverages. Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Located in the Orthopedic Building (1611 W. Harrison St.) on the first floor.
- Offers sandwiches, salads, snacks and fountain drinks.
- Open Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The largest vending area is located in the Jelke Building (1750 W. Harrison St.) on the first floor.
- Other vending machines are located throughout the Medical Center. Ask unit personnel for directions to the nearest machines.
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Vending machines accept cash or coins, no credit cards.
There are also many local restaurants surrounding Rush. Options include the following:
230 S. Ashland Ave. (Mexican)
Multiple restaurants on South Halsted Street (Greek)
132 S. Ashland Ave. (Mexican)
1659 W. Ogden Ave. (sports bar)
1645 W. Jackson Blvd. (bar and grill)
1531 W. Taylor St. (Italian)
625 S. Ashland Ave. (located inside the Marriott Chicago Medical District/UIC)