This web page and its content are only intended for residents of the Austin neighborhood in Chicago. If you are not from Austin and use the information on this page to schedule a vaccination, you will be turned away at the point of care.
Rush University Medical Center is partnering with the city of Chicago through its Protect Chicago Plus initiative to bring the COVID-19 vaccine to residents of the Austin neighborhood. Starting with our clinic Sunday, April 4, we will only be administering second doses of the vaccine to people who have already received their first dose through this program. For assistance, please call (312) 563-0767.
Dates, times and location
Rush's Austin Vaccination Clinic is held in the gymnasium at Catalyst Circle Rock Charter School, 116 N. Central Ave., Chicago, IL 60644.
Please note: Starting April 4, we will be administering only second doses of the vaccine to people who already received their first dose through the special Austin vaccination program. Call (312) 563-0767 if you have questions.
Second vaccine doses will be administered at the Catalyst location on the following days:
- Sunday, April 4: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, April 11: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 16: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 17: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 18: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Importance of your second dose
To be protected against COVID-19, you need two doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Everyone who received a first vaccine dose at Rush's vaccine clinic received a follow-up appointment for three weeks (21 days) after the first dose.
|If you received your 1st vaccine on this date:||You must return for your 2nd vaccine on this date:|
|March 14||April 4|
|March 21||April 11|
|March 26||April 16|
|March 27||April 17|
|March 28||April 18|
If you have questions about your second vaccine appointment, call (312) 563-0767.
What to expect on the day of your appointment
- Parking is available in two lots:
- One on the northeast corner of Central Ave. and Washington Blvd.
- One just north of 118 N. Central Ave., on the west side of the street
- Face masks are required.
- When you arrive, you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please do not come to your appointment if you have a fever or any flu-like symptoms.
- Please do not come to your appointment if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- The clinic is on the second floor of the building. There is an elevator for those who prefer not to use the stairs. If you or someone in your group needs a wheelchair, please let the check-in team know.