Rush University Medical Center is conveniently located close to public transportation.
Two Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) train stations are adjacent to the Rush campus:
- Illinois Medical District (Blue Line)
- Polk (Pink Line)
From the Blue Line
- Take the Blue Line train to the Illinois Medical District (IMD) station and exit at Paulina Street (walk up the long ramp toward the city).
- Turn right on Paulina Street and cross Congress Parkway at the light. The hospital entrance will be to your left off Harrison Street.
- There is also an ADA-accessible entrance/exit located at Damen Avenue a quarter mile west of the Ogden bridge and half a mile west of the Paulina Street bridge.
- The Blue Line's main connection is with the Red Line. It also connects with Green, Brown, Orange and Purple Line trains, as well as Metra.
From the Pink Line
- Take the Pink Line train to the Polk station.
- Go to your right as you leave the station to Paulina Street (less than half a block from station).
- Turn left on Paulina Street to travel north to Rush.
- The Pink Line connects with the Green, Brown, Orange and Purple lines, as well as Metra.
From Chicago O’Hare
- Take the Blue Line train through the Loop to the Illinois Medical District station.
- When you arrive at the station go to the exit on Paulina Street.
- Turn right at the exit and walk one block to Congress Parkway.
- Cross Congress Parkway at the light. The hospital entrance will be to your left off Harrison Street.
From Chicago Midway
- Take Orange Line to the Loop.
- Transfer at the Quincy or Washington/Wells stop to the Pink Line train.
- Take Pink Line to the Polk station.
- Go right as you leave the station to Paulina Street (less than half a block from station).
- Make a left on Paulina to travel north to Rush.
The following CTA bus routes include stops at or near Rush:
- #7 Harrison (weekdays)
- #9 Ashland (weekdays and weekends)
- #126 Jackson (weekdays and weekends)
- #157 Streeterville/Taylor (weekdays)
PACE Route 755 provides weekday, rush-hour service between Plainfield and downtown Chicago. Inbound buses stop at Harrison and Paulina streets in the morning. Outbound buses stop in the afternoon.
The valet parking and information desk staff at the hospital’s main entrance (located at 1620 W. Harrison St.) can call a cab for you.
Several Divvy bike-sharing stations are situated near the Rush campus, including the following:
- Harrison Street and Ashland Avenue
- Ogden Avenue and Congress Parkway
- Polk Street (CTA Pink Line station)
Contact a Rush operator at (312) 942-5000.