General directions to Rush
Rush University Medical Center is located just off the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290), five minutes west of Chicago’s Loop.
Rush University Medical Center
1653 W. Congress Parkway
Chicago, IL 60612
Due to construction work related to Rush’s new cancer and neurosciences building, some lanes will be closed on Ashland Avenue near Harrison Street, as well as Congress Parkway. Please avoid Ashland Avenue and Congress Parkway and allow extra time.
We recommend using the routes below to reach Rush destinations on Harrison Street, including the main parking garage and Professional Building.
Recommended routes during construction
- If you are eastbound on the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290): Exit at Damen Avenue, proceed south to Harrison Street. Then turn east on Harrison and continue to your destination.
- If you are westbound on the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290): Exit at Damen onto Van Buren Street and follow to Damen. Turn south on Damen to Harrison. Then turn east on Harrison and continue to your destination.
- If you are southbound on Ashland Avenue, turn west on to Van Buren and follow to Damen. Turn south on Damen to Harrison. Then turn east on Harrison and continue to your destination.
- If you are northbound on Ashland Avenue, turn west on Flournoy Street and follow to Paulina Street. Turn north on Paulina and continue to Harrison. Depending on your destination you will turn east to the main parking garage or west to the Professional Building.
- Congress Parkway: We strongly recommend that patients avoid Congress Parkway during this road work. While cars now will be able to turn south onto Ashland Avenue (or proceed east on Congress), we anticipate delays and backups at the intersection.
We appreciate your patience during construction and apologizes for any inconvenience caused by the traffic changes on Ashland Avenue. These changes are a necessary step toward building our state-of-the-art new health care facility. Be assured that our staff is working diligently to minimize disruptions.
If you have any questions, please call (888) 352-RUSH. You can also view these recommendations on a printable Rush map.