What to Expect in Aurora/Fox Valley for Cancer Care
- Accredited cancer center: Rush Copley Medical Center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons. The CoC accreditation recognizes our commitment to providing our patients and their families with quality services to diagnose, treat, rehabilitate and support people with cancer.
- Weekly multidisciplinary meetings: Every week, our cancer specialists come together in tumor board meetings to discuss patient cases. These meetings bring together your entire care team — including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, pathologists, imaging specialists and others — who work together to develop a personalized care plan for you. Research has found that cancer patients who receive this type of multidisciplinary care have better outcomes.
- Advanced radiation therapy: Your cancer treatment plan may include radiation therapy to treat and/or address pain and other symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatments. Rush Copley offers the most advanced radiation therapies, including stereotactic body radiation therapy and TrueBeam radiation. These therapies deliver high doses of radiation to targeted areas, while protecting healthy tissue.
- A focus on your mind, body and spirit: Waterford Cancer Resource Center in Aurora offers free services to anyone affected by a cancer diagnosis. That means you, your loved ones and friends can take advantage of the many supportive services available, including support groups, the largest wig salon in the area and more.
- Nurse navigators: You will have a dedicated nurse navigator who will be your go-to person throughout your cancer journey — from diagnosis through your recovery. Your nurse navigator will be there to answer any questions, provide education about your cancer treatment and connect you with the supportive services you may need.
- Collaboration with Rush University Cancer Center: We collaborate with cancer specialists across the Rush System, including Rush University Medical Center, our academic medical center in Chicago. Many Rush University Medical Center subspecialists see patients at Rush Copley, including gynecologic oncologists, thoracic surgeons for lung cancer and others. And, we partner with them on complex cases to deliver the best treatment possible.