What to Expect in Chicago for Cancer
- Recognized for excellence: U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center among the top 50 hospitals in the country for cancer care. And many of our cancer providers are consistently ranked in Chicago magazine's "Top Doctors" issue.
- A comprehensive cancer center: Rush University Cancer Center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. The CoC accreditation recognizes our commitment to providing our patients and their families with quality services to diagnose, treat, rehabilitate and support people with cancer. In addition to cancer clinics, we have an infusion center, radiation oncology services, supportive oncology and patient navigators.
- Clinical trials: As a leading academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center offers a wide range of clinical trials looking at novel treatments for cancer. Rush also offers clinical trials through the National Cancer Institute and the Children's Oncology Group.
- Comprehensive cancer clinics: At Rush University Cancer Center, you may receive care through one of the many Coleman Foundation Comprehensive Cancer Clinics. At the clinics, you'll meet with your whole care team together in a single visit and will leave with a personalized care plan. Your team may include oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, nurse coordinators and other specialists. These teams hold weekly tumor board meetings dedicated to specific cancers, where they discuss cases and develop care plans. Research has found that cancer patients who get care from these types of multidisciplinary teams have better outcomes.
- Supportive cancer care: Our supportive oncology program provides social and emotional support, complementary therapies like acupuncture and massage, nutritional counseling, financial counseling and more. We work closely with your care team to determine which supportive services will help you through your treatment both physically and emotionally.
- Breast imaging Centers of Excellence: Our breast imaging centers at Rush University Medical Center and Rush South Loop are designated Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- Cancer care in the South Loop: Our new, state-of-the-art Rush South Loop location offers breast cancer screening, as well as follow-up care for breast surgery, urologic cancers, plastic and reconstructive surgery for cancer, skin cancer and colon cancer surgery.