Welcome West Side Walk for Wellness (WW4W) walkers
During our 6-week walking program, we will visit National Parks Across the U.S. virtually. Have you ever wished you could see all the National Parks in the U.S.? Well, now you have an opportunity to visit many of them in just a few weeks. This route starts at Glacier National Park in Montana then weaves its way down through some of the most beautiful natural wonders in the U.S., ending in the Everglades in Florida. In addition to the health benefits of walking, including improving your mood and maintaing a healthy weight, you'll walk away with a whole new sense of wonder and appreciation for nature after the competition. We will track our collective steps for this challenge.
WW4W Challenge Registration
To register for this challenge:
- Visit http://www.Rush.WalkerTracker.com
- Create an account, connect your device and complete your profile (No device? No problem).
- Sync your device.
- Wireless Devices: Fitbit, Misfit, Garmin, Striiv, Withings and Apple Watch
- Smartphone Apps: Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, Apple Health, Google Fit, Argus, Health Mate by Nokia Withings and MapMyFitness
If you need support to connect your device, follow the links below:
Run of show - August 8th
- 8:45 - 9:00 a.m.: WW4W Zoom line opens
- 9:00 - 9:15 a.m.: Welcome and Health and Wellness by Blue Cross Blue Shiled of Illinois
- 9:15 a.m.: Begin 60 Minute Walk (Your Park, Your Neighborhood, Your Community)
- Zoom line remains open during walk
- 10:15 a.m.: Hop on Facebook; winners announced
Remember to take photos during your walk and share them on our social media channels, linked below, and use #WestsideW4W
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Walk4Wellness@rush.edu
If you want to take further steps to improve your health, consider the Release the Pressure program. This program will help guide you through monitoring and improving your health.