Rush faith and community health partnerships
The Office of Community Health Equity and Engagement is committed to strengthening existing partnerships and forging new ones as we work to improve health of our community. Health education programs, screenings, and special health events are available and offered in faith and community settings.
Building and sustaining strong community relationships fundamentally requires mutual trust based on authentic and reciprocal engagement. Successful community partnerships require a deep understanding of the needs of all stakeholders facilitated through dialogue and ongoing communication strategies.
Rush community engagement wellness initiatives
Rush offers many free health and wellness programs through the Office of Community Health Equity and Engagement. We are committed to reducing barriers and increasing access to health care and resources to improve the health of our West Side community. Our strategic efforts focus on reducing risk factors and improving self-management skills for those living with chronic conditions, providing mental health resources in community settings and promoting heart health.
- ALIVE Clergy Network
- Community Mental Health First Aid Training
- Westside ALIVE Chronic Disease Interventions
- Westside Walk for Wellness
- Pilot Westside Health ministry among five churches in Westside communities
- Train 300 community members in Mental Health First Aid
- Pilot a faith-based mental health support services across three Westside churches
- Serve 750 people over three years in programming about chronic conditions (including hypertension) and risk factors
- Engage more than 300 people in Walk to Wellness program
- Conduct Hypertension Intervention in 18 churches
- New partnership development in Austin
Ask Us About . . .
- Addressing health disparities in your house of worship
- Walking for Wellness
- Mental Health First Aid Training
If you'd like any more information on the efforts or to learn how to get involved, please contact:
Manager, Operations and Community Engagement Initiatives
Program Coordinator, Operations and Community Engagement Initiatives