About Rush Family Birth Center Aurora
- Convenient and comprehensive care for your family: Our Family Birth Center offers labor and delivery, post-delivery and baby care, and neonatal intensive care (NICU) in one location. Each unit can care for you through each stage of birth so you have the convenience of not having to change floors.
- Spacious labor and delivery suites: Our large labor and delivery rooms provide space for you to relax and do pain-relieving exercises as you labor. There is also comfortable sitting and sleeping space for any loved ones that you'd like to include in your birthing experience.
- Your delivery, your choices: At Rush, you can labor the way you want to, surrounded by capable and caring staff who support your birth plan. With birthing balls, large showers and labor teams trained in different relaxation and breathing techniques, we can tailor your labor experience to your preferences. We also offer the Fox Valley's only alternative birthing suite to support you if you are planning a non-medicated labor and delivery. If you want to use pain medication, our expert anesthesiologists can administer an epidural to make your labor and delivery more comfortable.
- Mother Baby Unit for after baby is born: After delivery, you'll stay in our Mother Baby Unit — private suites with of space for family members. Your baby will stay in your room with you, allowing you more time to bond and learn about baby care from our pediatricians and nurses.
- Breastfeeding support during your hospital stay and beyond: Our nurses and lactation consultants have special training to help new moms and babies with breastfeeding. We offer bedside assistance immediately after delivery and in the privacy of your mother baby suite. Our Lactation Center is also available to assist you once you return home.
- Highest level of NICU care: We offer the Fox Valley's only level III NICU, the highest level of NICU care. Located near our Family Birth Center, our expert providers are nearby when seconds matter most.
- Baby's first photo: Within our Family Birth Center, we offer photography services to capture your newborn's first photo. Your professional mini photo shoot will take place in the comfort of your mother baby suite and photos will be posted to a website shortly after your session. If you'd like to purchase the photos, you can do so through the site.
- Recognized for maternity care: Rush Copley Medical Center has been recognized as High Performing in Maternity Care (Uncomplicated Pregnancy) in the Best Hospitals for Maternity by U.S. News and World Report.