About Castle Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
At Castle Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, you can get the highest quality orthopedic and spine care close to home. We offer expert diagnosis and treatment for a full range of injuries and conditions, plus a variety of convenient on-site services, from imaging tests to state-of-the-art rehab facilities. Our goal is to help you achieve the best possible outcomes so you can get back to leading a full, active life.
- Expert care, with a personal touch: Our doctors are directly involved in every aspect of your care, so we get to know you — not just your injury or health condition. Our doctors are generalists who also specialize in certain areas, including sports medicine, spine and back surgery, hip and knee replacement, foot and ankle surgery, and hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder surgery. This dual focus means we can address any orthopedic issues, while also providing more specialized care if you need it. Your care team will also include physician assistants, advanced practice nurses and therapists who specialize in orthopedic and spine care.
- Head-to-toe expertise: When you choose Castle Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine for orthopedic or spine care, you don't have to sacrifice quality for convenience. Our doctors are committed to staying up-to-date on the latest treatments so we can offer them to you. For instance, we were the first in Aurora/Fox Valley to perform a reverse total shoulder replacement. We have expertise with a range of advanced procedures, from total ankle replacement to radiofrequency ablation to minimally invasive spine surgery. And we're involved in research looking at new approaches that can improve your care.
- Comprehensive hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder care: Our Hand and Upper Extremity Center offers comprehensive services — from consultation through rehabilitation — for conditions affecting the hand and wrist, elbow and shoulder. We coordinate every step of your treatment and provide a personalized care plan to help restore your range of motion, reduce pain and increase strength. The center provides diagnostic testing, nonsurgical treatment options, surgery, nursing care, integrated physical and occupational therapy, and a seamless return to work/sports conditioning program.
- Dedicated orthopedic surgicenter: Part of our Ogden office location, Castle Surgicenter is a dedicated outpatient ambulatory surgery center that offers convenient, efficient, cost-effective surgical care. All Castle Surgicenter employees are dedicated to orthopedic surgery, and every instrument and piece of equipment is chosen because of its specific advantage in orthopedic surgery. Castle Surgicenter has been accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care since it opened in 2002, with patient satisfaction scores in the top 18% of outpatient ambulatory facilities nationwide.
- Advanced imaging services: All of our locations are equipped with the latest X-ray technology. And our main office in Aurora offers X-ray, CT, MRI (including 3 Tesla MRI, which offers the highest-quality images), ultrasound and bone scans.
- On-site therapy: Physical and occupational (hand) therapy services are available at all three of our locations, giving you convenient access to therapists who specialize in orthopedic and spine issues. Each location has its own therapy team, and you'll have one therapist working with you throughout your entire course of treatment. Whether therapy is your only treatment or you're rehabbing after a procedure, your therapist will help you set goals and empower you to achieve them.
- Chicago's top doctors: Three of our orthopedic specialists were among Chicago magazine's 2020 top doctors for orthopedics and sports medicine.