About Rush Copley's Hand and Upper Extremity Center
Rush Copley's Hand and Upper Extremity Center offers comprehensive services from consultation through rehabilitation for conditions affecting the hand and wrist, elbow and shoulder. Board certified, specialty trained physicians along with our experienced care team coordinate every step of your treatment and provide a personalized care plan to help you restore range of motion, reduce pain and increase strength.
The center provides diagnostic testing, non-surgical treatment options, surgery correction at Castle’s Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine's dedicated orthopedic outpatient ambulatory surgery facility, nursing care, integrated physical and occupational therapy, and a seamless return to work/sports conditioning program.
Partnering with the dedicated care team at the Hand and Upper Extremity Center provides the high level of quality, expert care and support needed to help you get your moves back.
Hand and Wrist
The hand and wrist is comprised of several bones and tendons. Hand and wrist pain may be caused by sudden injury or repetitive motion.
The elbow is a hinge joint between the forearm and upper arm. Injuries to the elbow may include sprains, fractures, and/or inflammation.
The shoulder is one of the largest joints in the body, comprised of bones, tendons and muscles. Shoulder pain can lead to decreased mobility and stability.
Upper Extremity Specialists
The Hand and Upper Extremity Center provides many options for your therapy needs when experiencing a wrist, hand, elbow or shoulder condition or injury. Working side by side with your doctor, our team of therapists will guide you through an individualized rehabilitation program. They are experts in outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation and routinely attend continuing education programs to stay at the cutting edge of their specialization and allows for better quality of care and success outcomes.
When your recommended rehabilitation plan is complete, Rush Copley offers Return to Activity Programs. These programs are advanced training programs offered by personal trainers at Rush Copley Healthplex.
Rush Copley’s Return to Activity Programs are advanced training programs available to patients following the completion of their treatment and therapy. The programs are overseen by the Center for Hand and Upper Extremity physicians and provided by Rush Copley Healthplex certified trainers. Patients will be guided by a personal trainer through safe and effective exercises, to help regain strength, mobility, range of motion required for daily and recreational activities. A physician referral is required. Six-week program includes 10 sessions. First and last sessions are 60 minutes. Mid-program sessions are 30 minutes. $350
- Basic Throwing Program - Develop strength, power and acceleration, as well as improve flexibility, stability and mobility in the throwing arm.
- Shoulder Strengthening - Strengthen the shoulder and related upper body muscles, increase flexibility and stabilize shoulder joints to help prevent injury and reduce pain.
- Elbow Restoration - Improve the strength and range of motion of muscles, ligaments, and tendons that support the elbow.
- Hand Recovery - Regain strength to return to daily functions and full range of motion of the wrist and dexterity of the fingers and palm.
Rush Copley’s workers’ compensation and injury care services can help your employees get convenient access to high-quality care in an appropriate setting. Our specialists understand all aspects of the workers’ compensation process and partner with employers to provide expert medical care for work-related injuries. With access to a variety of treatment levels, our program can help you contain healthcare costs while providing quality care.
Why Rush Copley
- Comprehensive Care – From primary care providers to physical therapy, we provide a full range of healthcare providers along with expert service.
- Convenience – With convenient locations and hours throughout the greater Fox Valley, your employees are never far from the care they need.
- Cost Effective – Care is available to employees at the appropriate level, helping to contain healthcare costs.
- Collaborative – Regular communication on the status of your employees’ care will assure you keep up to date on their care and their return to work status.
Learn more about services and how Rush Copley can partner with you for your workers' compensation needs. Call (630) 978-3800.