Anchor Mission in Action
The Rush Community Application Hub (RCAH) is a collaborative effort between Rush University Medical Center and West Side community-based organizations to support the anchor mission employment preference initiative, which aims to empower and continue to grow our West Side residents by getting jobs that help them support themselves and their families.
As an anchor institution on Chicago’s West Side, Rush has made a highly visible commitment to working closely with the communities near Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital to address social conditions that contribute to poor health outcomes for residents. Part of our strategy includes providing information, access and assistance to community members through continued community collaboration for employment opportunities.
This program partners with community-based organizations to administer the following services:
- Employer meet-and-greet information and Q&A sessions, where community residents can meet with a member of the Rush HR recruitment team and learn about Rush's culture and values, available employment opportunities and the required skills needed, along with training on job applications and how to get hired.
- Collaborating community organizations will provide residents access to computers and internet service, help with the online application and tips and guidance for interviewing and the overall job search
- Invitations to job fairs through community partner Skills for Chicagoland’s Future and Rush's HR recruitment team
RCAH will also provide the community with updated information about the anchor mission work on the West Side, new capital construction projects and hiring events. Additional opportunities include the following:
- Workforce development through community program referrals and services
- Deepen connections with the community to help advance anchor mission goals related to purchasing and volunteer participation
RCAH serves all anchor mission community members within the following ZIP codes and neighborhoods:
East Garfield Park (60612)
Humboldt Park (60651)
Little Village (60623)
Logan Square (60647)
Near West (60607)
North Austin/Belmont-Cragin/Hermosa (60639)
North Lawndale (60623)
West Garfield Park (60624)
West Town/Near West (60622)
- Increase the number of West Side community applicants
- Grow the number of applicants who get job interviews and get hired
- Increase employee retention and satisfaction
2020 Upcoming Sessions
In an effort to keep our community members and Medical Center staff safe and decrease risk for COVID-19, all upcoming sessions have been canceled at the locations listed below until further notice. Please check back regularly for updates. Future dates and times will be posted as they become available.
- By the Hand Club for Kids
West Chicago Avenue Library
4856 W. Chicago Ave.
- New Mount Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church
22 N. Kildare Ave.
- Safer Foundation
808 S. Kedzie Ave.
Career Opportunities at Rush
Here at Rush, you have the opportunity to join a diverse workforce that includes individuals with disabilities and veterans and values what these groups and others bring to the table. Learn why Rush has also been recognized for our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion for our LGBTQ+ patients, students and employees. We are dedicated to ensuring that you can feel comfortable and proud bringing your whole, authentic self to work at Rush.