Anchor Mission in Action
The Rush Community Application Hub (RCAH) is a collaborative effort between Rush University Medical Center and West Side community-based organizations to support the anchor mission employment preference initiative, which aims to empower and continue to grow our West Side residents through the acquisition of jobs that provide economic value. As an anchor institution on Chicago’s West Side, Rush has made a highly visible commitment to working closely with the communities near Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital to address social conditions that contribute to poor health outcomes for residents. Part of our strategy includes providing information, access, and assistance to community members through continued community collaboration for employment opportunities.
This program partners with community-based organizations to administer the following services:
- Employer meet and greet information and Q&A sessions, where community residents can meet with a member of Rush Human Resources Recruitment and learn about Rush organizational culture and values, available employment opportunities and the required skills needed, and application and employment best practices
- Collaborating community organizations will provide residents access to computers and internet service, and needed assistance to complete online application and prepare to compete for Rush employment opportunities
- Invite-only screenings with Skills for Chicagoland’s Future and Rush HR Recruitment
RCAH will also provide the community with updated information about the anchor mission work on the West Side, new capital construction projects and hiring events. Additional opportunities include:
- Workforce development through community program referrals and services
- Lead-ins to meet other anchor mission goals in procurement and volunteerism
RCAH program serves all anchor mission community members within the following neighborhoods:
60612 East Garfield
60651 Humboldt Park
60623 Little Village
60647 Logan Square
60607 Near West
60639 North Austin/Belmont-Craigin/Hermosa
60623 North Lawndale
60624 West Garfield
60622 West Town/Near West
- Increase the number of West Side community applicants
- Increase conversion rate of applicants to interviews, interviews to hires
- Increase retention rate
2020 Upcoming Sessions
In an effort to keep our community members and Rush staff safe from the coronavirus, all upcoming sessions have been cancelled until further notice. Please check back regularly for updates. Future dates and times will be posted as they become available.
By the Hand Club for Kids
Location: West Chicago Avenue Library, 4856 W. Chicago Ave.
New Mount Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church
Location: 22 N. Kildare Ave.
Location: 808 S. Kedzie Ave.
Career Opportunities at Rush
Here at Rush you have the opportunity to join a diverse workforce that includes individuals with disabilities and veterans and values what these groups and others bring to the table. Learn why Rush has also been recognized for our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion for our LGBTQ+ patients, students and employees. We are dedicated to ensuring that you can bring your whole, authentic self to work at Rush.