Building Early Connections
Roughly one third of young children living in Chicago’s West Side communities show signs of early social, emotional, behavioral and/or developmental concerns.
Building Early Connections (BEC) seeks to directly address these needs by developing integrated systems of care and expanding behavioral interventions for the most common early childhood concerns, including anxiety, trauma/coping, challenging behavior and developmental concerns.
Young Child Wellness Council
The Young Child Wellness Council (YCWC) brings together child and family organizations to develop a shared vision and strategic plan for promoting the healthy development and wellness of young children in our community. These organizations include:
- Rush University Medical Center
- Advocate Health
- Collaboration for Early Childhood
- Children’s Home and Aid
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Austin Childcare Provider Network
- New Moms
- Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
- University of Illinois at Chicago